8mm french brass

guess_kto

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
222   0   1
Location
Brantfort, ON
Sorry guys to bother you, but can someone remind me about website of the shop who sold 8mm french revolver brass? I believe the place was in Alberta.
Merci.

:wave:
 
There is no 8mm Lebel revolver brass available in North America AFAIK... it's all trimmed down 32-20 brass. I ordered mine (untrimmed) from Track of the Wolf in the States, but it was on backorder for a few months before they finally shipped it out. If you want real 8mm Lebel revolver brass, there's a company in France (or Belgium?) that sells it... for big $. It all comes down to the headstamp, really. In other words not worth it, unless you're a diehard collector. ;)

The best way to trim 32-20 cases would be on a lathe, but a case trimmer will do also. Personally, I'll try to anneal after trimming next time (before final resizing with the die), because the 32-20 brass tends to form an elevated ring in the mid section of the case when sized as is. I guess this is due to a lack of flexibility of an un-annealed trimmed case (the kind Tallman was selling). I tried fireforming a bunch afterwards to get rid of the ring, but I guess either my load was too weak or the ring is too strong.

Either way... annealing is recommended to prolong case life.
 
I think Tallman in Toronto had it but they were out when I spoke with them last.
They're gone for now at least. Too bad, they had some good stuff.
Here's the note from the website:

"We regret to inform you that due to increasingly business-unfriendly policies of Canadian and Ontario government Tallman Industries has shut down its operations...."

Fiocchi makes 8mm Lebel Revolver brass and loaded ammo that's available in the USA. It's very pricey and hard to get in Canada. 32-20 brass is easy to reform and trim to 8mm.
 
Is it "excessively horrible" to just use .32 ACP brass and do your "due dilligence" simply by carefully monitoring the powder that goes into the cases ? :redface:
 
There is no 8mm Lebel revolver brass available in North America AFAIK... it's all trimmed down 32-20 brass. I ordered mine (untrimmed) from Track of the Wolf in the States, but it was on backorder for a few months before they finally shipped it out. If you want real 8mm Lebel revolver brass, there's a company in France (or Belgium?) that sells it... for big $. It all comes down to the headstamp, really. In other words not worth it, unless you're a diehard collector. ;)

The best way to trim 32-20 cases would be on a lathe, but a case trimmer will do also. Personally, I'll try to anneal after trimming next time (before final resizing with the die), because the 32-20 brass tends to form an elevated ring in the mid section of the case when sized as is. I guess this is due to a lack of flexibility of an un-annealed trimmed case (the kind Tallman was selling). I tried fireforming a bunch afterwards to get rid of the ring, but I guess either my load was too weak or the ring is too strong.

Either way... annealing is recommended to prolong case life.

I don't know if you can get away from that ring. Doesn't seem to hurt anything though.

Rem brass tends to split easier when forming and the ring is more pronounced. I found the winchester and starline brass worked better for forming 32-20. Tallman told me they had the same experience.
 
i tought there was a place that sold finocchi (sp) ammo very expensive but still a least one could get it ? what do you guys find work best for the bullets and powder ??
 
i have 600 rd's that i may part with. will trade for 41 long colt brass. but dont want to sell for cash.


-Real fiocchi 8mm french brass
DSCF3337.JPG

DSCF3341.JPG
 
Back
Top Bottom