8mm Mauser ammo availability

erikdb

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Gatineau, Quebec
Hey Guys,

Just got finished cleaning up my Yugo Mauser and can't wait to take it to the range... Only problem is I cannot find ammo for it anywhere. If anyone can help I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Erik
 
surplus is slim pickins

Not really slim pickins, more like nonexistent in more than very small quantities.

Local gun store, cantire and walmart don't have that stuff. It's ~$35 a box of 20, before taxes, in the Soo, for Remington Core-Lokt.

I bought at our local gun stores when I bought commercial ammo. Federal blue box was around $28/box last year (iirc). Do yourself a favour and start reloading very soon.

Mark
 
Check out our sponsor SFRC. Milsurp ammo is rare and pricey, and the last lot I saw was that dirty corrosive yugo ammo. If you want to shoot a lot, you will have to look at reloading. The best prices I've seen on soft point were Marstar's Winchester (which my rifle loves) and SFRC. Lots of luck.
 
Frontier Firearms has some Igman 8mm (8x57mm) on their web page that is what I use in my yugo m48 works great especially the 198 grain.
 
At the last gunshow in Pickering (Ont) there was a guy selling Romanian military 8mm mauser for $40 per 50 rounds (.80 each) He said that he was running out and that he had no more after that. I picked up a couple and will buy more when I go there next, that is provided he still has any. The shame is that the exact same ammo sells for 0.29 each State side.
 
x2 on SFRC!! They are fantastic

Depends on where you are...I recently bought some from a fellow CGN'er who was easy to deal with (I may not be...lol! As a purchaser my trader rating didn't go up!) and, got it for better than 80cents /rd. I'm pretty sure it's not Yugo, my last Yugo stuff was on strippers and, this ammo isn't...boxes of 15.

Not sure if it's corrosive...I treat all milsurp as if it were.
 
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm in the Ottawa area, can't find any at Canadian tire or any of the local gun stores. I'll definately check SFRC. Like barfly was saying my initial run in with the Mauser was in the states. I though the ammo would be as easy to come by and as cheap... Serves me right, should have done my research.

Thanks All,
 
Like a lot of the guys have said, for 8mm you have to reload. I buy a box of Winchester every once in a while just to get some new brass to reload.
 
same here in B.C. federal blues= $28.00 /box @ Italian sports




Not really slim pickins, more like nonexistent in more than very small quantities.



I bought at our local gun stores when I bought commercial ammo. Federal blue box was around $28/box last year (iirc). Do yourself a favour and start reloading very soon.

Mark
 
Back
Top Bottom