9mm, Americal Eagle VS Winchester

LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Location
Alberta
So I am planning on ordering a case of 9mm. I can get a case of 1000 AE 9mm 115g FMJ for 269.99 from SFRC, or a case of Winchester White box, same bullet for 317.90 from Marstar.

Which ammo is "better"? By which I mean how clean is the ammo, constancy, brass quality for reloading, ect. I found American eagle to be pretty dirty when I had my .45, also I had a bad experience with the brass on some Federal .303 Brit.

Any inoput on both would be nice, thanks.
 
I love Federal brass, not so much Winchester. I even like Remington brass better than Win, thou general opinion is that Rem is worse than Win.
International just had sale on 9mm ammo at $240/1000 a couple of weeks ago, did you miss it?
Anyway, I agree, AE is dirtier, but I'd buy that to have better brass for future reloads.
 
I've run both through my Ruger SR9 and honestly couldn't tell any difference between the two. Both are cheap practice ammo.

I clean my pistol after each use when I get home from the range, and cleanup is easy with both rounds.

It were me, I'd buy from SFRC just because it's cheaper there.
 
Winchester USA (whitebox) is $26.94 a box of 100 at LeBaron's. You may not get it cheaper at 1000, but $269.40 is a lot cheaper than Marstar from what you've quoted.
 
As long as its factory (big name) go for price (first) and support local business (second)

personally in .45 i prefer AE to Win,


because....


AE is packaged in smaller boxes and I can get more boxes (overall rounds) into my ammo cans.
 
Don't forget that shipping is the killer with ammo. Saving $20, is great, unless you need to spend $30 to get it to you. This is the advantage of the local shops, even if they are a dollar more per box, they'll likely still be cheaper.
 
"...Which ammo is "better"?..." The brand that shoots better out of your pistol. Try a box of each before buying in bulk.
 
Unless you are entering the olympics, cheap is golden. There will not be enough difference between the two that you will even notice. As far as one brass being better than the other, once you start reloading in volume it doesn't make any difference. when you are at the range you will lose some of your brass and you will find some that was missed by another shooter. It is just like a golf ball. When you go into the bush looking for yours and find a different ball, you say to yourself, it is white , it is round, I will use this one now. If you are so good a shooter that you can only use one type of brass to get your perfect score every time, then you are not having fun, you are working.
 
Back
Top Bottom