9mm ammo in Nova Scotia

daveinns

New member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have have recently decided to buy a CZ SP-01 Shadow, but now I'm not sure because of the question of where to get ammo for it. I don't want to rely on others all the time to reload for me and I'm just starting to shoot so I don't want to invest in reloading equipment right now (maybe in the future though).
I also understand that shipping is just not worth it if you are not buying large amounts of it. Does anyone know who sell 9mm in Nova Scotia, shops here seem to be few and far between. If I can't get it here, would anyone like to go in on a larger order with me from out west.
 
You probably can get it from Hnatiuk's out in Lantz or the Army Navy store on Agricola in Halifax, are you up near Truro? - the Valhalla Gunshop might have some, I didn't really poke around the last time I was there, but they did have some sort of stock room - Edit: also you might want to try L&M surplus out in Uniacke or JD's out in Prospect.
 
Lovitts Hunting Supplies on Main Street/Highway 107 in Dartmouth also carries ammo. It's a little shop so the prices are higher but it never hurts to help the small guys out. Heck, he even had 35 Rem for as good a price as anywhere else I could find so he got my business that day.
 
What club do you belong to? The handgun chairman at the NSRA usually gets a group of us together and he buys in bulk. 500 rounds is usually $95+tax.
 
Hnatiuk's out in Lantz $14.95 a box. Sold out as of Sat Apr 11

Army Navy store on Agricola $14.00 a box. 115 grain American Eagle or
Sellier and Bellot. Used both in my new Phantom with no problems.
 

fat tony, about your avatar, its false advertising. We both know, no Maritime kid worth his salt would smoke filter tips. "Couldn't resist ;)".
 
Ron's Army Navy is your best bet, as someone mentioned, 14 a box there. Valhalla had a few boxes the last time I was there. I'd be interested in going in on an order, I emailed Wolf and Combat Masters to get a shipping rate, but no answers. Anyone have any idea what the rates are like to NS?
 
Yeah the army navy store on Agricola is $14 + tax per box, dude you will want to reload I know I do just too much money if you want to shoot any quantity of ammo.
 
Army navy store

Hnatiuk's out in Lantz $14.95 a box. Sold out as of Sat Apr 11

Army Navy store on Agricola $14.00 a box. 115 grain American Eagle or
Sellier and Bellot. Used both in my new Phantom with no problems.

I must say that i have been in a lot of shops met a lot of people over the years but by far i have never met a more ignorant person than who ever owns or runs army navy store. On three separete occasions i was in there and each time i left more pissed off than the last at the rude customer service and lack of appreciation for a customer that was willing to spend his hard earned paycheck.
 
Drea,

I will never shop there again either, but my reason is completely different. I went in there one afternoon with my backpack on. The guy behind the counter asked me to leave it with them while I looked around. When I was done looking I paid for some ammo and the guy handed me back my pack. When he gave it to me all the straps were undone and the top was open. The dude had unwillingly searched through my bag and when I called him on it he just went silent and got all red in the face.

I WILL NEVER SHOP AT THE ARMY/NAVY STORE ON AGRICOLA ST. IN HALIFAX AGAIN AND I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO DO THE SAME.


hh
 
Back
Top Bottom