9mm Ammo

Priiter

Regular
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Location
Ontario
Hi All,
I'm still new to shooting sports but excited to constantly learn more and have fun doing so. My question now has to do with stories I have heard that 9mm ammo is hard to find lately. Is this true and are prices spiking because of it?
I read the thread about Wolf Bullets...are they operating as per normal again or still hard to get a hold of?
As always, thanks.
 
try canadian BDX, i think they're supposed to start making their own 9mm fmj bullets. they also reload the most popular 45acp, 40sw, 9mm.

but you have to buy in bulk. i'm still waiting for 45acp reloads.
 
Hi All,
I'm still new to shooting sports but excited to constantly learn more and have fun doing so. My question now has to do with stories I have heard that 9mm ammo is hard to find lately. Is this true and are prices spiking because of it?
I read the thread about Wolf Bullets...are they operating as per normal again or still hard to get a hold of?
As always, thanks.

Basically, when you see it in the stores, buy as much as you can afford to buy.:D
 
I was at Epps about a week ago and I was told they only had a few 50 count packs of Remington Premiums I think for $34 if I remember correctly. Not much at all overall from what they told me.
 
I pretty much given up on buying cheap 9mm ammo. I'm going into reloading. If it turns out to be as good as I think it will be, there would be no reason why I should buy factory or reloaded ammo again.

I plan on reloading larger calibers anyway b/c the big savings is there. Mine as well reload 9mm since I will have all the equipment anyway. :)
 
I don't know about that for semi auto pistols in general. All I know is that I'm planning to buy a S&W 629 and it would eat lead bullets no probs.

But not to worry, if you plan to reload and don't want to cast your own bullets you can buy plated bullets for a premium.

However, people lube their cast bullets to prevent lead buildup on barrels.
 
are lead bullets that bad on the barrel ? i heard that you should not use lead bullets in glocks.

The issue is polygonal rifling. Glocks, Noveske/Larue AR barrels, and a few others have this. Polygonal rifling is really really nice, but jacketless lead deposits lead buildup on it in a big hurry... this can lead to overpressures and the possibility of a catastrophic mechanical failure (KB).

You can still do it, but you need to be REALLY SURE you've cleaned the bore properly after shooting a bunch. Most manufacturers that use polygonal rifling in their guns just avoid the hassle altogether and specifically state in the warranty terms that you should shoot jacketed ammunition only and use of unjacketed lead slugs is not recommended, or even voids the warranty.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom