A Cased London '49 Pocket Colt With Some Identifiable History.

drm3m

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Location
Montreal Quebec
This cased Colt came to a family member in Canada in 1992 from England where it had been in the same family following the death of the original owner in 1929.



In 2013 I was sent a photo of William James Winter the fellow who wrote 'A Winter Tale in 2001'--- by his son in Ottawa.
'Bill' was the last member of the Winter family to own the pistol .





His son said that it was probably his father that had the plate on the case engraved with James Samuel Winter's name or he engraved it himself.







I received the Death Certificate and Marriage Certificate from a Grandson in England in 2013.

I was never able to find a photo of James Samuel Winter---I tried in England---Antigua---Ottawa---NO LUCK.





The Colt.




























 
Last edited:
This was the beginning of my parting with my WWII collection on April 19 2013.
I have sold or traded a bunch of WWII pieces since then.
 
Last edited:
Nice piece and story. I have several pieces with history to tell but you have quite a bit more for this one. I think you made a good choice to do the trade. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Moe
 
Later trades of WWII pieces for old stuff.





NOTE----I also paid $2,500 cash plus the M1 Garand for the Sharps rifle shown below.



RECENT SALES OF WWII PIECES.



RECENT PURCHASES OF OLD STUFF.




PREVIOUS SALES OF WWII PIECES














==================================================



 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom