A pair of Antique flintloxks.

Gibbs505

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Location
Terrace BC
tumblr_of0q6mOix31rwjpnyo1_540.jpg


A pair of silver inlaid flintlock pistols owned by Capt. Sir Richard Pearson, 18th century


tumblr_of0q6mOix31rwjpnyo2_540.jpg
 
Pity about the missing frizzen. Nautical wirework, brass barrels and "Plymouth" certainly fits for a naval officer.
 
Pity about the missing frizzen. Nautical wirework, brass barrels and "Plymouth" certainly fits for a naval officer.

Until you mentioned the nautical theme I hadn't noticed the distinct resemblance of the lines of the barrels to a full size ship's cannon.

Gibbs, where'd you go? We are all salivating at the idea of a little more background information !
 
Until you mentioned the nautical theme I hadn't noticed the distinct resemblance of the lines of the barrels to a full size ship's cannon.

Gibbs, where'd you go? We are all salivating at the idea of a little more background information !

That's a thought too; I just took them to be typical turn-off barrels, although of course they don't turn off!
 
That's a thought too; I just took them to be typical turn-off barrels, although of course they don't turn off!
They certainly look like the are screw barrelled pistols, the small lug on te bottom is identical to my Chance and Sons screw barrelled boot, (muff, vest pocket , whatever LOL!) pistol
Mine is a family heirloom. How d know, you ask? Because my great Uncle Ross stamped his name into the grip using a nail as a punch!!:bangHead:
Cat
 
Those are beautiful!

They certainly look like the are screw barrelled pistols, the small lug on te bottom is identical to my Chance and Sons screw barrelled boot, (muff, vest pocket , whatever LOL!) pistol
Mine is a family heirloom. How d know, you ask? Because my great Uncle Ross stamped his name into the grip using a nail as a punch!!:bangHead:
Cat

Cat, any pictures? I'd love to see your family heirloom as well.
 
Those are beautiful!



Cat, any pictures? I'd love to see your family heirloom as well.
I have one , but will take more.
Mooncoon and I actually shot this gun about 10 years ago , it is zeroed for card table distance LOL!
I had a tool and die buddy refit it , the trap door trigger was pooched , ad it needed a nipple
Cat


 
They certainly look like the are screw barrelled pistols, the small lug on te bottom is identical to my Chance and Sons screw barrelled boot, (muff, vest pocket , whatever LOL!) pistol
Mine is a family heirloom. How d know, you ask? Because my great Uncle Ross stamped his name into the grip using a nail as a punch!!:bangHead:
Cat

Oh jeeze!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom