Pity about the missing frizzen. Nautical wirework, brass barrels and "Plymouth" certainly fits for a naval officer.
Until you mentioned the nautical theme I hadn't noticed the distinct resemblance of the lines of the barrels to a full size ship's cannon.
Gibbs, where'd you go? We are all salivating at the idea of a little more background information !
They certainly look like the are screw barrelled pistols, the small lug on te bottom is identical to my Chance and Sons screw barrelled boot, (muff, vest pocket , whatever LOL!) pistolThat's a thought too; I just took them to be typical turn-off barrels, although of course they don't turn off!

They certainly look like the are screw barrelled pistols, the small lug on te bottom is identical to my Chance and Sons screw barrelled boot, (muff, vest pocket , whatever LOL!) pistol
Mine is a family heirloom. How d know, you ask? Because my great Uncle Ross stamped his name into the grip using a nail as a punch!!
Cat
I have one , but will take more.Those are beautiful!
Cat, any pictures? I'd love to see your family heirloom as well.

They certainly look like the are screw barrelled pistols, the small lug on te bottom is identical to my Chance and Sons screw barrelled boot, (muff, vest pocket , whatever LOL!) pistol
Mine is a family heirloom. How d know, you ask? Because my great Uncle Ross stamped his name into the grip using a nail as a punch!!
Cat



























