Hi guys,
I’m considering buying a precision rifle in 223 for cheap plinking. I will NOT reload for it anytime soon (too small bullet and I’m busy with 308) and hope to be able to shoot cheap ammo (55gr AE for instance). My goal is to maximize shooting time, punching paper as far as I can, as cheap as I can. It will also make a nice gun for my son who starts to be bored by the .17 HMR.
So here are my questions: from a quality rifle, what kind of accuracy can I expect with 55gr AE or similar cheap bulk ammo? Is it just a waste of money? I am not planning to win any competition, just learn more about long distance shooting (wind, pressure etc…) while saving my 308.
Ideas, comments ?
I’m considering buying a precision rifle in 223 for cheap plinking. I will NOT reload for it anytime soon (too small bullet and I’m busy with 308) and hope to be able to shoot cheap ammo (55gr AE for instance). My goal is to maximize shooting time, punching paper as far as I can, as cheap as I can. It will also make a nice gun for my son who starts to be bored by the .17 HMR.
So here are my questions: from a quality rifle, what kind of accuracy can I expect with 55gr AE or similar cheap bulk ammo? Is it just a waste of money? I am not planning to win any competition, just learn more about long distance shooting (wind, pressure etc…) while saving my 308.
Ideas, comments ?


















































