S calibre is for the .323 bores and the rifles are usually marked 7.92S or JS. If your rifle is marked 7.92I it "may" have a .318 groove diameter.
The .318 diameter was the original 8mm bore size and many commercial rifles were still being procuced with it well into the 1930s and maybe even later.
Most military rifles were rebarreled to the .323 groove diameter so unless it's a mod 88 or 93/95, the chances of coming accross one are slim.
Back in my younger days, I had a lovely little 8mm sporter that I shot thousands of surplus WWII rrounds through. It had a .318 bore. Cogswell and Harrison made it. I literally shot the barrel out. Surprisingly, it shot very well, even with the throat pushed way out. I eventually had it rebarreled to 308WIN and sold it as I didn't like the recoil. Don't ask, those were unenlightened days. I should have kept it, those double set triggers were wonderful.
I'll quit rambling on now.
I have never seen