Actual letter

Crazy_Farmer

Regular
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Location
BC
I've been searching for like 3 days now and just can't seems to find where a member posted a picture of his actual RCMP letter for his gun. It was either in the for sale forum or here can't remember but if anyone had that picture or their own would help me in my on going search lol. Just wanted to read it again as it appeared to provide alot more info on the conditions of use of the gun. Alot better explaination then the basic RCMP website.

Thanks.
 
I'm looking at one of mine at the moment, and there isn't anything in it about conditions of use. It does state that it is 'deemed not to be a firearm'. Essentially, if it isn't a firearm, then it can certainly be used anywhere you could use a non-restricted firearm.
 
Yeah. I just remember when I read this letter it had a couple paragraphs of info. Maybe I'm wrong or it was an older one not sure.
 
I think you would be just as far ahead to carry copies of the pertinent pages from the Canada Gazette, posted in the stickies plus proof of the date of manufacture. If the police don't believe them, they probably will not believe your letter either. Plus I believe now you have to register your gun and have it deregistered to get the letter. That probably means that if you sell the gun and if/when the laws re antiques change, you will probably get hassled about the location of the gun at present.

cheers mooncoon
 
I realize that for the purposes of the firearm registration legislation that it does exclude antique deignated firearms BUT....the Criminal Code of Canada applies as all of these fall under the definition of firearms there! We make such a big thing about this antique designation that someone will be taking notes. I hope not but suspect that we will see a huge change in the definition sooner than later.
 
What are you fellows talking about the antique laws changing as if it was a done deal? As far as I am concerned, changing the antique laws is not an option. If they ever even think about it, it will be time to talk to your MP. Just shoot your antiques in a responsible manner, and treat them as if they were non-restricted firearms, and everything is fine. The way some fellows talk, one might think you were practically asking for the laws to be changed.
 
You mean mine? I made it myself, it's basically info from the CFC and the NFA websites. Much more thorough than the RCMP letters and none of the hassle. Feel free to copy it, that offer applies to anyone.

wloi6v.jpg
 
Ahhh I believe thats what I've been thinking of. I couldnt quite remember I thought it was official but since I've never seen one I thought yours was the real thing but see you put it together. Thanks alot though for posting it.
 
Back
Top Bottom