added a sharps to my safe

drache

BANNED
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
BANNED
Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0
Found a used pedersoli sharps in 45-70 at my local gun store for a decent deal I thought. Took her out shooting for a quick test. Loved it!
 
AYgRORo.jpg


The previous owner painted the rear sight red, I guess to make it stand out. The front sight is one of those hooded type that allows you to change the front sight.
 
Found a used pedersoli sharps in 45-70 at my local gun store for a decent deal I thought. Took her out shooting for a quick test. Loved it!

Chilcotin guns?

That would be a rare bird in their display for sure!

Give the lyman 457125 mold a try if you end up reloading for it.
 
Last edited:
I've always liked the idea of one of these rifles. I thought I read somewhere that some of these reproductions where black powder only? Is yours good to go with modern loads as well as heavier hand loaded stuff?
 
I envy you man, that is my dream weapon!

Well, then, you're in luck. On the 24th, he loved it...but on the 31st, the edited ad in the EE (yeah, it's for sale already!) says it's not his thing, and he wants it gone!

Is that a new speed record for 180-degree reversals?
 
I've always liked the idea of one of these rifles. I thought I read somewhere that some of these reproductions where black powder only? Is yours good to go with modern loads as well as heavier hand loaded stuff?

Keep pressures below 29,000psi as per Pedersoli recommendation. Even loads designed for Marlin lever guns are often above that limit, as per Hodgdon reloading data.
 
Back
Top Bottom