I like the bess a lot, and would like something vaguely historically accurate, but don't like the pinned barrels.
Would adding wedge keys to the bess be possible? Possibly misguided?
I realise they don't have hook breaches, but I don't mind unscrewing one tang screw... just don't want to have to drift pins free to check on things, and risk loosening the pins and damaging or splintering the wood, and I likely would, since I'm a little anal about cleaning and oiling my guns, especially blackpowder guns, as I've noticed that unless a part is washed, it'll rust, regardless of where it is on the gun.
Would adding wedge keys to the bess be possible? Possibly misguided?
I realise they don't have hook breaches, but I don't mind unscrewing one tang screw... just don't want to have to drift pins free to check on things, and risk loosening the pins and damaging or splintering the wood, and I likely would, since I'm a little anal about cleaning and oiling my guns, especially blackpowder guns, as I've noticed that unless a part is washed, it'll rust, regardless of where it is on the gun.


















































