Advice for buying antiques ?

john94

Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hello, I'm being tempted by the vast selection of reasonably-priced antiques in the USA. Does anyone have any experience buying antiques from US websites? Legit sites of course, such as major auctioneers. I understand that the cutoff year here is 1898 instead of 1899 and that certain calibres are ineligible. Aside from this are there any further complications when getting something shipped to Canada?
 
john94: Check the regs closely. In addition to the year and caliber cutoff in Canada, I don't believe any magazine rifles are legally considered to be antiques. For example, my M1879 Remington-Lee in 45-70 is not legally an antique here. There's a sticky that presents the actual regs and someone created a flowchart to help understand it. From the US side of it, my impression is that some sort of export license is required of companies or individuals attempting to export from the US to Canada. Some commercial sellers (like IMA or Ancestry Guns) seem willing to do it with no hassle at all while others require use of a broker for the actual export.

milsurpo
 
Back
Top Bottom