Advice needed….on Uberti 1885

Billy52

Member
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Location
Kootenays
Advice needed….on Uberti 1885

Hello. I am looking for some input or advice on which Uberti 1885 to purchase. Straight stock or pistol grip?? 30" or 32"inch barrel? Anybody with any experience or input??? I think I will mostly be shooting cast bullets with smokeless powder….if this makes a difference. I can't handle one….will be ordering on line. Thanks for your time….
Cheers, Billy.
 
I have no experience with Uberti, but I have two Browning 78's, both with pistol grips. My neighbour has a couple of 85 Brownings, both with straight grips. I find the pistol grip to be much more comfortable. I know, apple/oranges, but they are all pretty damn similar rifles. As always, YMMV.
Glen
 
I have the low wall in 30-30 .It is a nice rifle ,cut rifling and quite close to the original to take apart for cleaning after using black powder.Nicely case hardened but not a fan of the uberti red stock stain.Mine only half cocked when I first received it so you had to finish pulling the hammer back before you could fire it .

All in they are a pretty accurate and easy to maintain repo of the 1885 with the straight stock and easy to use as this has low recoil

Cheers Peter
 
Back
Top Bottom