Hi Everyone,
I’m planning on loading some BP loads for my 45 Colt Henry. I selected the following bullet:
http://accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=45-250J-D.png
I picked it for the generous lube groove and plan to lube with the appropriate BP lube, etc. my question is, where do I crimp the sucker? (I’m used to a canelure). At 1.60” or at the transition? Also, when there isn’t a canelure do I need to do anything different in terms of the type of crimp I apply? I load with RCBS dies but apply what I would call a “firm” crimp with a Lee factory crimp die with my smokeless loads. “Firm” to me is about a 3/4 to full turn on the die once it engages the case mouth (basically I try to get it to look like factory ammo...).
I’m planning on loading some BP loads for my 45 Colt Henry. I selected the following bullet:
http://accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=45-250J-D.png
I picked it for the generous lube groove and plan to lube with the appropriate BP lube, etc. my question is, where do I crimp the sucker? (I’m used to a canelure). At 1.60” or at the transition? Also, when there isn’t a canelure do I need to do anything different in terms of the type of crimp I apply? I load with RCBS dies but apply what I would call a “firm” crimp with a Lee factory crimp die with my smokeless loads. “Firm” to me is about a 3/4 to full turn on the die once it engages the case mouth (basically I try to get it to look like factory ammo...).


















































