Have been reading a lot of 17th and 18th century military history lately, which has reignited my interest in shooting flintlock BP firearms. Was possibly interested in an historically accurate Brown Bess repro from French and Indian Wars/Seven Years War - American Revolution era. Same for period correct pistol. Also interested in eventually adding a period correct "Pennsylvania" Rifle repro from the Revolutionary War era.
My first thought was Pedersoli, but it seems prices have more than doubled since I purchased my last. The same for Chiappa. The Pedersoli are all around better built, but have to say I was more than a little taken aback by the premium prices being asked for less than premium workmanship. What am I missing? Are there more affordable offerings,.but of comparable quality to the Pedersoli available these days? Thx!
My first thought was Pedersoli, but it seems prices have more than doubled since I purchased my last. The same for Chiappa. The Pedersoli are all around better built, but have to say I was more than a little taken aback by the premium prices being asked for less than premium workmanship. What am I missing? Are there more affordable offerings,.but of comparable quality to the Pedersoli available these days? Thx!


















































