Alexander Mackenzie Online Muzzleloader Shoot

i don,t know if i,m doing this right. i am supposed to claim a prize iwould like that fine looking pipe hawk rrcarr
I edited your home address, as a precaution rr, can you pm it to smokepole.?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I also had some wind causing havoc,the paint stick was spinning and swinging like crazy(it survived for future painting projects) couldn't hardly see the drinking straw let alone hit it(it was snowing by then) only had one flash in the pan after filling the barrel with water and made that shot. did good on both of the paper targets.loading while staying on the ground was something I never did before(good thing there was no incoming fire) did not think to bring stuff like "trade goods" and healing herbs,nor birdshot.overall I learned some new/old things.I've never shot a black powder shoot before,is this a typical type of shoot? or is this a new kind of thing.It was a lot of fun and I will try to shoot in the next one :D
 
I think we are short one prize there were eleven shooters and only ten prizes.

Ok I just put up a blanket prize picture from cooner.
Looks like fine plunder.

There were a couple of guys who are 'photo challenged' when it came to getting pictures posted. I would suggest everyone practice getting photos up before we call for next years match! lol
 
Last edited:
Cooterdog says he's in for the prize exchange (I took his prize offering down when he had to decline to shoot). I reposted it in the blanket prize thread. Sorry for the mix-up. Any size single cavity Lee mold from WSS.
I guess that means we let Cooterdog take last place in the exchange.

OK, rrcar has made his pick from the blanket prizes . Vetchcreekcaddis you are up next. Make a choice and contact the donor. Let us know what it is, and then d.bala can make his choice and so on.
 
Last edited:
I had trouble with the squatting shot on station two and the prone position shot as I have a fractured hip so had some trouble getting up and down from those shots, I did hit the bottle but missed the paint stick.(must have been the wind LOL). Loading my rifle while laying on the ground was fun never tried that before,should have used my T.C. cherokee instead of that long barreled great plains rifle. It was definetly a great time shooting and we had a little history lesson also.
 
My big problem was the gun falling into the slough, did not get the barrel dry enough, i even primed beneath the nipple because I knew it would not fire on the first try, and even this did not help. Just for curiosity for the next shoot, maybe it would have something to do with the Hatfield's and the McCoy's.
 
Just for curiosity for the next shoot, maybe it would have something to do with the Hatfield's and the McCoy's.

Maybe someone would like to write this one... but the fued really started in the late 1870's, so it would be more of a cartridge rifle event.
Personally I would like to keep it a Canadian historical event. We get enough US history, and Canada has a wealth of events to choose from.
 
prize claim

Hi everyone I have just notified cooner that i would like to claim his prize as mine so i guess it's dbala 's turn now
so i guess if anyone one has any advice for me for knife making now would be a good time:redface: since this would be my first attempt at that
thanks everyone
 
That came up fast, well then I have sent d.bala a pm for his tackle box, i need it more for fishing than shooting. Life is good. Cooner is up next.
 
Last edited:
Hi All-I'll take Vetchcreekcadis' 50cal cleaning kit and thanks Smokepole for organizing this shoot and curing some late,late winter doldrums-lol-Hopefully the snow won't be as deep for the next one-Cheers!
 
Well. I was always hoping to get the hearing protectors from rrcarr. Thanks again! I can always use an extra pair for the Newbies who follow me out the the range on a regular basis.
Like I said I would have been happy with any of these blanket prizes. Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom