All reloads aren't all equal..

Rivalen

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Location
St-Hubert, Qc
I received my shippement of Wolf Bullets a few weeks ago. Yesterday I finally decide to sit down and check out the product. The ammunition seemed long to me compared to what I'm used to shoot. Fortunatly I had a box in stock, check this out:




What's the official 9mm height?

I don't want to nuke the local reloaders, but Wolf product seems more consistant and of better quality. The local reloads still go bang when I pull the trigger, and the accuracy is good enough for me so far :#, I'm still playing in the 7-10 yard range.
 
The difference is in the bullet shape; flat point vs. round. The shell casings are the same. If they both feed well no worries.
 
Hard to tell from a photo, but the cases do look the same length. I agree with howasan, the difference here seems to be bullet type. I was told that 9mm headspaces on the case mouth, and that is the biggest factor.
 
each bullet comes with a recommanded range of overall lengths
for 9mm i load flat points at overall length of 1.1 inches while round nose could get to 1.125
 
Actually, NATO, CIP and SAAMI have overall length specs for the 9mm.

SAAMI specifies 1.000" Min / 1.169" Max

CIP / NATO specifies 29.69mm as a max OAL (1.169")

If ammos are loaded within these specs, they're OK.

As for headspace, the chamber headspace is 19.15mm Min / 19.71mm Max and because straight walled cases headspace on the mouth, the case headcase spec is 19.15mm max -0.25mm (0.754" MAX / 0.744" MIN). This means you cases should always be trimmed bigger than 0.744". Recommanded TTL is 0.759".
 
Back
Top Bottom