Shocked and amazed. I picked up an Egyptian Police Snider Enfield a while back. It looks rode hard and put away wet. These guns were put together from bits and pieces. I was surprised to find that the barrel was .577. I thought the smooth bores were all reamed out from rifled bores. Lots of rust and pitting in the bore. I spent as lot of time polishing the bore starting with 180 emery cloth up to 320 till it shone
I used 24 guage shot shell hulls cut to 1 3/4", just under 60 gn pyrodex, a .22 cal cleaning patch for a patch, .577 round ball and toilet sealing ring wax for lube.
It shot 4" groups at 50 meters. I was expecting or rather hoping to just hit the target at all. I have always thought that these old smooth bores were pretty wild on the groups. I was pretty happy.
I used 24 guage shot shell hulls cut to 1 3/4", just under 60 gn pyrodex, a .22 cal cleaning patch for a patch, .577 round ball and toilet sealing ring wax for lube.
It shot 4" groups at 50 meters. I was expecting or rather hoping to just hit the target at all. I have always thought that these old smooth bores were pretty wild on the groups. I was pretty happy.


















































