Ammo clock

gerard

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Location
Nova Scotia
22pics006-1.jpg
th_22pics006.jpg
I wanted to share a picture of a clock that was given to me by my sister and brother in law. It was made a guy that was in the merchant marines in ww2.
As far as I know is that he made it on his trips back and forth across the Atlantic. The large shell are stamped 1918 on the headstamp. The middle shell around the same time. The bullets are steel with a copper band. I added two 9mm as there was two cases were missing. Even the 303 British has steel (solid) bullets. All the parts on the clock, rails, ships wheel and the two ship guns were made by him. All Brass.
I think that it was a pretty good gift to recieve.
I did put 20 plus hours in polishing the clock. It didn't look so good when I first got it. Alot of years collecting dust, dirt and smoke made for a few dirty days in the shop.
th_22pics006.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom