Ammo for the antiques

#1bcshooter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Anyone see any of this stuff for sale anywhere ?
P6300197_zps0837fccb.jpg
 
Some of the sponsors get new Fiocchi 455 ammo in occasionally. IIRC Canada Ammo had 455 Webley 455 MKII loaded ammo for sale a while ago.
If you shoot much 455 you really need to reload. My reloads cost under $10 per box of 50 to reload.
 
Some of the sponsors get new Fiocchi 455 ammo in occasionally. IIRC Canada Ammo had 455 Webley 455 MKII loaded ammo for sale a while ago.
If you shoot much 455 you really need to reload. My reloads cost under $10 per box of 50 to reload.

Ya I plan on reloading . Just need to find some brass . Have you compared 455 Colt & 455 Webley MK2 brass ?
I know they are interchangeable . I thought I read some where that the 455 Colt case was a bit longer than the Webley .
Not looking to stock pile this calibre but would be nice to have a couple hundred rnds on hand for the odd trip to the range ;)
 
At Calgary gun show bought a box from Misty Gun Works of Castor, Alta. Think they had 2 more-it's not a fast seller so they might still have some. Otherwise I bought some Fiocci from Lever Arms .
 
Ya I plan on reloading . Just need to find some brass . Have you compared 455 Colt & 455 Webley MK2 brass ?
I know they are interchangeable . I thought I read some where that the 455 Colt case was a bit longer than the Webley .
Not looking to stock pile this calibre but would be nice to have a couple hundred rnds on hand for the odd trip to the range ;)

The 455 colt is longer, about the same as the 455 webley MKI case.
If you can find the MKI webley or 455 eley/colt brass it is better than 455 MKII brass just because it has more powder capacity and therefore better safety margin pressure-wise.

I plan to make a batch of 455 colt / 455 MKI length brass and might have some for sale in a few months.
 
"...455 Webley 455 MKII..." Those aren't the same thing as .455 Colt, as I recall. You won't see it for sale as new ammo, ever. That box is collector stuff.
"...not as far south..." Gun shows in our neck of the woods are few and far between. I think Woodstock is as close as the regularly scheduled shows get. Stateside isn't much of an option either due to U.S. export laws.
 
I bought a bag of .455 mk.1 webley brass at the kamloops gun show a couple months ago but when i got it home all the cases were marked 45 schofield is the schofield brass similar to the 455 webley?
 
Last edited:
I bought a bag of .455 mk.1 webley brass at the kamloops gun show a couple months ago but when i got it home all the cases were marked 45 schofield is the schofield brass similar to the 455 webley?

.45 Schofield brass is often shortened to make .455 mk1 brass. The rim diameter isn't quite as big as the .455 but works fine. Rim thickness however is almost double that of the .455 and needs material removed from the front of the rim to get the proper thickness. The finished cases are a bit thicker at the case mouth than std .455 brass, but not enough that you have to worry about inside reaming.
 
Back
Top Bottom