Ammo identification

camster

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
119   0   2
Howdy gang...

Bought some FMJ ammo today (xtra cheap...) that was called 8mm...

Here's the situation:
i) I won't be able to post pics for a few days...
ii) They are not 7.92x57!(8mm mauser...) Shorter brass

The brass is longer than .308, It is rimless, it has characters in the base not of our alphabet...(Poss egyptian but, I'm nowhere near certain...) I will post pics and, borrow some calipers ASAP.

Does anyone know a site dedicated to this sort of thing? No real gogle-fu happening here for me! But pics and refernces to known cases I do have here...

thanks
 
Last edited:
Thanks sunray

Headstamps are the trick...n'er fully apreciated the Ammo collectors beofre. Lots of great info (once you know whoat to look for) at a few different sites...my lucky one was

surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=5807...found my ammo's picture in this list and, it's i.d. is confirmed! Know any MAS shooters?

Thanks!!
 
Back
Top Bottom