Ammo in southern Ontario, availability and price

legalstalker

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Location
Brantford
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has found a great store for selection in Southern Ontario, especially with specialty ammo.
I know a lot of great sponsors have great deals on ammo and selection, but want to try and avoid shipping costs, and waiting.
Specifically I'm wondering about JHP ammo. I have travelled to all the local shops close by and they don't stock factory hallow point, and tell me it's less accurate and blah blah blah.
But when I look on other threads similar, it seems out west every store carries it.

So in short, anyone know where I can get some factory hollow point local (London to the GTA)?

If not I guess I'll have to buy online from one of our great sponsors.

Oh and btw, local shop this morning answers me that it's illegal, less accurate and only for home defense, which makes me smack my head, then doesn't even know what a Mossberg JIC is, last trip there for me, waste of my time (venting done)
 
Bass Pro has had hollowpoint pistol ammo in stock if you don't mind the high prices and crappy service. I have not been there since before hunting season so not sure what's in stock now.
 
I don't mind a slightly higher price just the crappy service lol, I was meaning to head up there on my way through, I'll see if I can wade through the mob at the counter, wait for service from an employee that doesn't think young guys have no clue and answer my questions.
Thanks for the info, don't know when I would be up there though.
:cheers:
 
Yeah, JHP's are a ##### to find.

I currently have 550 9mm rounds and I'm not sending a single one down range until I can find a store that has them in stock on at least a semi regular basis.
 
I've looked at reloading, I reload all my stuff, but when I've looked at the projectiles compared to the factory loads, seems to be just hollowed out copper projectile. Unless you found projectiles that are the same as the factory loads, let me know.
 
Doesn't Gobles have a big wall of Ammo? (Expensive)

The ammo is not to pricey at Bass pro.

If you want, check out their reloading section. Look at the Hornady XTP bullets, those are real hollow points. Then go to LeBaron and buy them :)
 
Triggers and bows doesn't carry them, I checked, they said maybe they'll pic up some at the shot show, but they are expensive. For not much more of a drive Al's in Hamilton is cheaper on regular ammo.
 
Zero Projectiles. Doubletap in Brampton sells them. They are as good or better than anything you will find.
 
Doesn't Gobles have a big wall of Ammo? (Expensive)

The ammo is not to pricey at Bass pro.

If you want, check out their reloading section. Look at the Hornady XTP bullets, those are real hollow points. Then go to LeBaron and buy them :)
I don't know if Gobles (London) has JHP but they sure do have a wide selection of ammo, however, it is on the pricey side.
 
Banner sponsor sfrc is my go to. They always seem to have a good selection of jhp stuff floating through. They have ranger T series in a few calibers right now.
 
Back
Top Bottom