Ammo in the mail

Guess ill just half to wait till some more comes in the city. How about flying with ammo ? if its locked and in my baggage can i claim it and make it legal? im about to go to Ottawa for a bit and than over to Nova Scotia for a week or so.
 
Most airlines allow a quantity of ammo in checked luggage. Check your airline's website for their policies.
 
I fly with ammo all the time (in my checked luggage) I have never tested or found out the "limit" but I have travelled with 100 rounds several times. (5 boxes of factory). I live in Yellowknife, so I stock up on different calibers every time I fly south for ANY REASON. I just make sure I tell the baggage guy that I bought some hunting rounds whenever I have to put it in the xray machine. (for oversize luggage)
 
You are allowed to fly with ammo.

The dangerous goods act states you can fly with 5kg = 11 lbs of ammo in your suitcase. Do it all the time just have to tell the ticket agent.
 
found a brick of the ammo 2day. $180 for 500 rds. they only had 2 bricks and would not sell them as 50rd packs. no biggie. glad to have the stuff.
 
Back
Top Bottom