So I took my type 38 Arasaka out for the first time in 25 years.
I've only ever fired four rounds through it...ever. (A long story on
another post). First couple rounds were alright, then a series of
misfires. More than not, when it fired, primers were pierced, and
backed out. Lots of smoke around the chamber when this happened.
I know nothing about loads, pressures, etc.
I am using store bought Norma 6.5 Jap ammo, although it is now
very old (25-30 years, but stored properly).
So can anyone tell me what's causing this? Old ammo, or something
wrong with the rifle. All rifle hardware is in good shape including
the barrel. Thanks for any opinions...er, reasonable opinions
related to the rifle that is......(see pics below). Or maybe I should have sold it to the guy at the range who wanted it?
I've only ever fired four rounds through it...ever. (A long story on
another post). First couple rounds were alright, then a series of
misfires. More than not, when it fired, primers were pierced, and
backed out. Lots of smoke around the chamber when this happened.
I know nothing about loads, pressures, etc.
I am using store bought Norma 6.5 Jap ammo, although it is now
very old (25-30 years, but stored properly).
So can anyone tell me what's causing this? Old ammo, or something
wrong with the rifle. All rifle hardware is in good shape including
the barrel. Thanks for any opinions...er, reasonable opinions
related to the rifle that is......(see pics below). Or maybe I should have sold it to the guy at the range who wanted it?


















































