ammo pics.

lannard

Regular
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
dont know how many of you fellas have been poking around the ammo threads, i know of a few of ya, but i am posting my collection day by day. heres a taste for the antiqueists. cheers!

004.jpg
 
i congradulate you. this is a very fine display. impressive. we are lucky to be holding such a large part of history. i would imagine you collect cartridges? only antiques?

No, I pick up cartridges to go with my long guns. I collect mainly Canadian military rifles from 1860 to 1918. This way collecting is never ending.
 
Wow very nice collection!

I want 2 origionals of each of the following

martini henry

snider

Pinfire- 7mm-9mm-11/12mm

It would also be cool to have a origional bess paper cartridge!

For those of us that shoot our old service arms, having origional cartridges is very neat.

I love the look of the origional martini cartridges, nearly a different animal then what I shoot out of mine today "thick modern jamieson brass"
 
Last edited:
Jpc....WOW thats something!!

Heres my limited contribution, 1 sealed paper wrapped tube of 19th century era percussion caps

And 1 opened example of whats in the paper wrapped package- pardon the pictures, I tried to cover the flash "the red tint" and it did not help.

I tried the caps on my origional 1860 army and they are far far hotter then my ccI caps


ANTIQUECAPS010.jpg

ANTIQUECAPS009.jpg

ANTIQUECAPS004.jpg

ANTIQUECAPS006.jpg

ANTIQUECAPS003.jpg
 
43 Mauser ammo value?

I have some 43 Mauser Ammunition that came with a rifle I purchased. Some is marked Dominion, others DC (Dominion again?), and another has no head stamp, is Berdan primed and the bullet is paper patched. I suppose this may be collectable? Any idea of its value?
sorry if I hi-jacked the thread. I'll try to get some photos up...

Cheers. Steve.
 
I think it is good to see a thread on cartridge collecting. I will try to get pic up to. So lets see more of the ammo you boys and gals have.
 
Last edited:
pinfire003.jpg

pinfire004.jpg

pinfire005.jpg


This cartridge arrived on friday, its from a Confederate site at Shilo, Its in bad shape, but neat.

Beefy little cartridge 11 or 12 mm fits in my pinfire large frame revolver.


I may take it apart sometime and use it as a pattern to make cases.

Cost me 20$$
 
Back
Top Bottom