Ammo prices going up.

heavyBullet

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I just noticed on Natchez website that manufacturer prices are going up 5-15% on May first. They have posted letters from Winchester, Hornady and Federal explaining the reason why.

http://www.natchezss.com/images/pdfs/WinchesterPriceIncrease.pdf

http://www.natchezss.com/images/pdfs/atkpriceincrease.pdf

http://www.natchezss.com/images/pdfs/hornadypriceincrease.pdf
 
Unfortunate, but this isn't news. Prices have been dramatically increasing for several years now. Buy bulk. Buy it now. Reload. It won't get any cheaper, this is not a just a market fluctuation. Two years ago 7.62x39 was going for 140 per case, now people are ok with 250/case. I don't care, I stocked up on everything to point that it hurt my wallet.

Looking forward and not behind, it ain't going down any. If you don't see the market trend and are not willing to stock up, then pay the going price and hold your peace.
 
I got into the "game" not to long ago but I have seen prices going down on some things:eek: and no I am not trying to :stirthepot2: but mostly on rimfire .22 and have seen some rimfire price on par with USA pricing and sometime a little cheaper. But when it comes to center fire the US has us beat unless your talking about 7.62x39 :ar15: .
 
?? Prices are going down.... $439 per 1000 for .223

Natchez has a huge sale on right now on ammo. LC 5.56 62gr SS109 for $670 per 2000!!

These money grubbing scum rode the wave of the Obama scare.... Now they will make up reasons to jack the price again and make huge profits.
 
Prices of raw materials are only part of the equation.

Supply and demand also factors in....if prices get jacked, I guarantee some people out there will shoot less
 
I got into the "game" not to long ago but I have seen prices going down on some things:eek: and no I am not trying to :stirthepot2: but mostly on rimfire .22 and have seen some rimfire price on par with USA pricing and sometime a little cheaper. But when it comes to center fire the US has us beat unless your talking about 7.62x39 :ar15: .



.22 cal goes on sale in some places this time of year, especially with gophers coming out soon. Many places do not offer sales and maintain a high price throughout the year. 7.62x39 has gone up almost a hundred bucks a case in the last 18 months. You can make comparisons to the States, but since you can't get it across the border, its not really relevant what they pay. Its only relevant what Canadians can get and what we pay.
 
My local shop just jacked thier 762x39 price from
225+tax to 269+tax

Might as well buy it else where, pay taxes and shipping, and still save money......
 
My local shop just jacked thier 762x39 price from
225+tax to 269+tax

Might as well buy it else where, pay taxes and shipping, and still save money......

my local is up to 295 form 225. I told him that was ridiculous and bought two from Henry Nierchyo
 
my local is up to 295 from 225.




I think that is the highest I've heard yet. I was in Milarm here in Edmonton a few weeks ago, they were still under 200 bucks. Who knows for how much longer?


I bought mine when it was mostly under 150 and have lots. I'm concentrating on other ammo and reloading supplies now, before it goes through the roof too.
 
Why must we get our ammo from the US? They get their surplus directly from the former eastern bloc countries and can sell it for less than half of what we must pay. Why cannot Canadian businesses get the ammo for the same price as the Americans and sell it to us at the same low price?
I am sure this topic has been discussed many times before but I am too tired to search for half an hour for the answer.

I just bought a case (two sardine tins) of 7.62x54R and don't even have anything to shoot it with!
 
The U.S does not have to deal with NRCAN.
Marstar...who most likely supplies vast amounts of Eastern European ammo to the U.S can sell it alot cheaper to them due to the cheaper overhead.
 
Isn't it odd that the price of metals today is affecting SURPLUS ammo that was manufactured a long time ago? Things that make you go "Hmmmmmm.......".
 
I just noticed on Natchez website that manufacturer prices are going up 5-15% on May first. They have posted letters from Winchester, Hornady and Federal explaining the reason why.

http://www.natchezss.com/images/pdfs/WinchesterPriceIncrease.pdf

http://www.natchezss.com/images/pdfs/atkpriceincrease.pdf

http://www.natchezss.com/images/pdfs/hornadypriceincrease.pdf

Makes reloading even more worthwhile.
 
Back
Top Bottom