reload and tell your friends in the states to get rid of the obamination, wich should fix the problem till the next democrat
+1 with that
reload and tell your friends in the states to get rid of the obamination, wich should fix the problem till the next democrat
Isn't it odd that the price of metals today is affecting SURPLUS ammo that was manufactured a long time ago? Things that make you go "Hmmmmmm.......".
Unfortunate, but this isn't news. Prices have been dramatically increasing for several years now. Buy bulk. Buy it now. Reload. It won't get any cheaper, this is not a just a market fluctuation. Two years ago 7.62x39 was going for 140 per case, now people are ok with 250/case. I don't care, I stocked up on everything to point that it hurt my wallet.
Looking forward and not behind, it ain't going down any. If you don't see the market trend and are not willing to stock up, then pay the going price and hold your peace.
Why must we get our ammo from the US? They get their surplus directly from the former eastern bloc countries and can sell it for less than half of what we must pay. Why cannot Canadian businesses get the ammo for the same price as the Americans and sell it to us at the same low price?
I am sure this topic has been discussed many times before but I am too tired to search for half an hour for the answer.
I just bought a case (two sardine tins) of 7.62x54R and don't even have anything to shoot it with!
I think your timeline is off a few years suggesting that surplus 7.62x39 was $140 a case two years ago as that it what it was costing us at wholesale.

Hi Phil, thats your prices, not mine. On one occasions we made bulk purchase from out of province and trucked it ourselves. Was less than 140. On several other occasions if you picked up your SKS from Milarm, you got the discount on a case of ammo, didn't matter how many cases. We picked up many rifles from Milarm, and subsequently many more cases of ammo. Even last fall, I picked up a Chinese military issue SKS, first case was 180, every case after that was 165. Did I mention that was less than six months ago, five minute drive from your shop? We bought SKS just to get the good price on a dozen cases of ammo. We didn't need the rifle.
Two places in town. One with high prices, one with low prices. A mountain of money spent at one shop, nothing spent at the other. I won't tell you how to run your business Phil, but Duhhh![]()
Two places in town. One with high prices, one with low prices. A mountain of money spent at one shop, nothing spent at the other. I won't tell you how to run your business Phil, but Duhhh![]()
Just reload...



























