Ammo related - can someone translate this Russian for me?

RMXC51

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Location
Working...
These words were on small slips of paper inside a spam can of 7.62 X 54r I just opened. Can someone tell me what they mean?

УКУПОРЩИК 7785
ВЕСОВЩИК 7785
УКЛАДЧНЦА 6515

I think its lot and inspector numbers, but I'd like to know for sure. Mods please move if you need to.
 
Last edited:
I asked my wife who is Russian, this is not Russian, probably Ukranian or Chezch or something. she says the first word is something like packer, the second word is weigher and the last word she said was something like the guy who stacks bricks or something like that. I think this could mean that the first word could be either the guy packed the crate or the shipper, the second word is weigher and the third might be either the guy who packed the crate (if the first word was the shipper) or the guy who stacked the packed crates. in any case I would assume that each word was followed by a number probably meaning the employee ie: packer # 35.
I don't know if this helps but there it is.
 
by the way, I tried the bing translator, it only came up with the middle word and tried to translate from russian, which this is not.
 
No it's not Russian, it's Ukrainian, and basically it says, Use this ammo or you'll never see your family again, must be wartime when alot of folks were changing sides.
 
It might simply be equivalent to those little pieces of paper you find in the pockets of new shirts - "Checked by Inspector 23." Packing details, ie, for quality control.

What's the headstamp on the ammo?
 
stamps are 60 and 75 on each cartridge - supposed to be Russian surplus. Figured the words were Russian too, and not significant, just curious as to what they are.
 
I have found paper slips in all my Czech surplus with various stamps on them... It's the map on the other side of the paper I find interesting no the QC stamp :D
 
Here's another question. Since every weapon I've heard of that uses this round is either clip or belt fed, why does this stuff come in 20rd paper packages of loose rounds?
 
Back
Top Bottom