Afternoon, when on the range I am often asked questions about ammo / rifles (apparently I know some stuff
). I know military rifles / calibers very well but not so much hunting calibers. There are so many!
Where could I find a list of common calibers with specifications?
What I mean by that is, ex. I am asked to troubleshoot a rifle and notice it's a 7mm Ultra Mag, the guy has 7mm cartridges. What's the difference? What length should the cartridge be? The case dimensions are?
I guess reloading books do exist with that info? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Nic.
Where could I find a list of common calibers with specifications?
What I mean by that is, ex. I am asked to troubleshoot a rifle and notice it's a 7mm Ultra Mag, the guy has 7mm cartridges. What's the difference? What length should the cartridge be? The case dimensions are?
I guess reloading books do exist with that info? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Nic.


















































