Ammunition

shooterm

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Ontario
Are there shops in Canada that carry muzzleloading ammunition. Example .58 cal .45 .32. I know I can get the material to make the stuff but not looking to get into that right now due to moving around . Thinking about another purchase in the future. But want to be able to get ammunition relatively easy.
Thanks
 
are you specifically talking about round ball? SFRC has some occasionally. I have used 00 or 000 buck( I don`t remember which, it was a small bag given to me) in my .32 with great success.
I cast my own, so much easier. I move a lot as well, but I use a plumbers torch and a soup ladle as my casting kit for .50, .45, and .32. I've cast in parking lots, camp sites, etc. I cast as I need it, does not take much time in the evening to cast up 30 or 40 balls the night before an outing.
 
Muzzle loading isn't about ammunition, it's about powder, projectiles, caps (and/or flints) etc.

Whole Sale Sports usually has a pretty good selection of muzzle loading supplies
Cabela's has some, but not a lot
ProLine Shooters in Calgary caters to the BP shooters.

58, 50, 45, and 36 cal are most common. Can't say I have ever seen 32cal offered.

M
 
Depending where you are located in Alberta ,Caroline supplies always has a good selection of BP and accessories. You could also try Hillfolk in Senlac, Saskatchewan.
 
I understand your pain. I have been supplying patches and balls to local shooters for some time. I really enjoy black powder shooting and would hate to see a lack of basic supplies keep anyone from enjoying the sport.
 
Yes being in the military getting posted all over Canada. Its something I do think about I am looking sometimes its places where the only availability is online. I am thinking about investing in another muzzleloader. Also for one of the first comments I am am strictly talking about black powder.
 
thats good to know thanks, I want to get into casting someday. But I also have 2 small boys that would be hard to keep away when it comes to dad doing stuff. LOL
 
Back
Top Bottom