An 1859(ish) .44 Webley

Klunk

R.I.P
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Location
Niagara region
By Her Majestys Royal Letter Patent (thats so kewl...)

....just another 'look what I found' thread....:p

webley59_zps72e04ab0.jpg


webley591_zpsb8120ae7.jpg
 
What a find..I really like the generous opening for the caps but with no loading lever you would need a loading stand.Will a #11 cap fit on the nipples??
 
I believe the screw on the barrel is for some form of rammer.....the photos I have found on the net show most of them missing

I haven't tried any caps on it but will...I have 10s and 11s

After a bit more google:fuming it seems it is more likely a 1st model made around 1853 and didn't come equipped with a rammer.....?

.....if anyone knows a bit more....?
 
Last edited:
here is a bit later Webley. Not nearly as good a condition as the longspur that Klunk has. I haven't had the nerve to shoot it because it doesn't have a very secure cylinder lock up system. I certainly wish it had the notch in the cylinder and spring loaded lock from below like Colt used

cheers mooncoon

WebleyWedgeFramefinishb.jpg
 
I wonder if that gun originally shipped with the type of rammer that the Paterson used, where the fulcrum was inserted into the cylinder pin hole?
 
Back
Top Bottom