An antique C96?

davidsbyang

Regular
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I just came cross a C96 broomhandle with a very low 4-digit serial number which the seller claims was manufactured in 1897. It has a fixed rear sight which is unusual to my knowledge. Is it an unique identification of early production? Anyone has a source to check the production date with serial number for C96?
In case it is built pre-1898, does the 7.63/.30 mauser caliber make it an antique status?
 
How can you get a C96 with a Antique status? I know it built pre 1898 ,but you still can get 30 mause/luger ammo, so whats the deal? Please educate this northern Hick! cheers dale Z!
 
How can you get a C96 with a Antique status? I know it built pre 1898 ,but you still can get 30 mause/luger ammo, so whats the deal? Please educate this northern Hick! cheers dale Z!

It's because the ammo is not on the "bad" list.....just like you can get antiques set up to fire .45acp
 
It's because the ammo is not on the "bad" list.....just like you can get antiques set up to fire .45acp


And here's hoping it never ends up on the bad list. I want to be able to hunt down and massacre a rogue paper target at the local gun club with my C96, and some more with my 1903 colt.
 
Last edited:
Quite awhile back, someone posted a link to a CDN dealer that was selling antique status C-96s. Sorry but i cannot recall the website name. He had quite a few that were antique. iirc the prices were about 4k and up.
 
^^^^Do you know why?

Well selling Antique revolvers outa a head shop in red deer mighta drawn some attention to himself by the RCMP.
Guys like that aint doing any of us any favors.
I never heard what happened to him he had like 100s of guns and pot seized im sure they went over all the guns to see if they were in fact perscribed antiques.

As to C 96 be carefull as theres some modern ones with the numbers changed.
If its got the early conehandled hammer and under about # 8000 you should be aok.
Post some pics tho if you can ive seen some good fakes.
 
How can you get a C96 with a Antique status? I know it built pre 1898 ,but you still can get 30 mause/luger ammo, so whats the deal? Please educate this northern Hick! cheers dale Z!

There is a list of cartridges that you can't have as antique check the stickies top of page RCMP Fact sheets the availability of ammo doesn't enter into it any longer.
 
www nofac.ca oozes stupidity.

The last thing we need is people like that putting extra negative pressure on us.

Yup... that moron at best deserves a kick in the head for advertising that sh*t like he's Wal-Mart.

It was just a matter of time before the "wrong people" would've seen his site (and I'm not talking about criminals, as they already have easy access to much cheaper unregistered guns and don't care about antiques).

:HR:
 
I guess non of this ANTIQUE Status makes no sence, no real rime or reason? A friend has got the M96 bug and picked up a nice RED 9 this month, quality piece for sure! Then another friend had to bring his all original RED 9 with stock, holster ,extra mag springs and cleaning rod in for us to drool over!!! The one I would want is the Astra full auto version, only because I saw how wel made the insides were, compares to a Holland & Holland in workmanship!cheers dale Z!
 
Back
Top Bottom