- Location
- In lalaland, that is Ottawa.
For many years I have owned a ML made by T.D. Bartley, 32 inch barrel, hex, 1.140 flat to flat, takes a 0.380 denim patched ball, in front of 43 grains by bulk measure of FFFG. Whn I acquired it, it was in sad shape. I bought a piece of very dense black walnut, restocked it, inletting for the original side lock with a double set triggers.
I competed for several summers at a small range East of Bothwell, Ontario owned by George Wortener of Chatham. It was the ugly ducklng of the great high class rifles that competed. at 25 and 50 yards, I usually was in the top three but at 100 yards, the larger balls carried the day. All of this happened in 3 summers between 1956 and 1958 when I moved from Windsor.
I recall I once found a reference to BARLEY in Ohio. Anyone know anymore?
During WW2, the old GURDS shop was still open in London. They too made some fine guns.
SOF
I competed for several summers at a small range East of Bothwell, Ontario owned by George Wortener of Chatham. It was the ugly ducklng of the great high class rifles that competed. at 25 and 50 yards, I usually was in the top three but at 100 yards, the larger balls carried the day. All of this happened in 3 summers between 1956 and 1958 when I moved from Windsor.
I recall I once found a reference to BARLEY in Ohio. Anyone know anymore?
During WW2, the old GURDS shop was still open in London. They too made some fine guns.
SOF
Last edited:


















































