Andrews Lee Speed ..... Gimme THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY!

SuperCub

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
609   0   1
Location
SJ / NB
Recently picked up this Andrews Lee Speed. :rockOn:

I know almost zilch about Lee Speeds so was hoping the experts could fill me in on THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY points on this treasure. What's right and what's wrong with it and how can i fix it up or not.

001_zpsjai3k85u.jpg

002_zps0oghklep.jpg

004_zps1kdbowmx.jpg

005_zpsipjhhrif.jpg

006_zps7l1vrftt.jpg

007_zpssajoqvbt.jpg

008_zpswrhjxg9a.jpg

009_zps2ebjq9kx.jpg

010_zps2t2bbpyj.jpg

012_zpsjrrb1gmm.jpg

013_zpsvazrqkc3.jpg

014_zpsffnxalib.jpg

015_zps4ppcqr8b.jpg

017_zpsqbnprpdq.jpg

018_zpsogzejllm.jpg

019_zps2vcfeu3v.jpg

021_zpsye0fz4my.jpg

022_zpscuevfcg8.jpg

024_zpsbik4xxvp.jpg

026_zpssx2wao1i.jpg

029_zpsgpgmgnzx.jpg

030_zpsgl3yg44r.jpg

031_zpsg1vrqfra.jpg

032_zpscl4ghmks.jpg

033_zpsnmqncwdn.jpg

034_zpsqauhhttg.jpg

035_zpsycm1xf4o.jpg
 
Last edited:
For one thing it looks to have been rebarreled with and Enfield rifled bore. The one I have still has Metford style rifling. It still has the military carbine style rear sight and the front sight has been replaced.

Many of these came in their original military carbine stocks and will have a wear ring on the barrel where the fore end band sat. Yours doesn't appear to have that. The knox has been ground off as well where the rifling type would normally appear.

These rifles were often sold through the Arm Navy to officers all over the world that wanted sporting rifles chambered in readily available ammo. All I have seen have been chambered in 303 Grit. I have heard of some but never seen one chambered in 303/405
 
Wow nice sporter supercub, Thanks for sharing never seen one for a long time.
I really like the fish belly mag. Overall great find!
Looks to be a military cut down sporter stock though.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom