another what are they worth thread

a j cave

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
I was looking at my stuff and decided I will not be "doing anything" with a couple guns. First is a low wall in 22 with a sewer pipe for a barrel. The barrel is not original to the gun. It is a stocked action in fact. The action is good and I was going to put an other barrel on it. I have looked at part prices but have little idea of the actual value. The second is a Rem #1 [I think] in very good + shape. The bore looks excellent. The cal. is 303 B. These are just the style of guns I like, older single shots with class. Any idea will help, thanks AJ.
 
I think part of the equation is why do you want those guns; for collection or to shoot. The 22 low wall could be sleeved and brought back to shooting condition or alternately with a bit of luck you might find a barrel at a gun show, that could be threaded and fitted to your gun. The gun show barrel would probably not be a Winchester barrel. As a collectable gun you would probably have a hard time finding a replacement barrel in 22 rimfire and after installing it, the question is; would the increase in price be worth the cost or upgrading.
l would be a very surprised if the 303 barrel on the rolling block action was original to the gun. If you don`t like the caliber, have it rebarreled to a caliber you do like

cheers mooncoon
 
The 303, I am pretty sure is original and the low wall was going to be a project. I am running out of time and eyesight for these fun guns. I still have some very fine singles so the idea of more work on something new is not as appealing. I think I will concentrate on shooting what I have. I still have a Cadet that might be a hornet or bee. I like shooting the old stuff I have more than the tinkering with more things. There is a gun show in Hanna this weekend so that is why I ask about price. ** it looks like it would be a #5, not a #1.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom