Another whats this worth question (cartridge collection)

radio_silence

New member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I bought a random lot of brass from a man who inherited it. It was late, neither of us wanted to inventory what was in stock.
I made an offer based on hoping to have some re-loadable brass. Now I find I have a cartridge collection!
The highlights I was wondering about are single pieces as follows

Brass- 375Win, 284Win, 280Ross, 280Nitro, 264Win, 38-55, 380, 220Swift, 220Savage, 375Win
Centerfire Cartridges- 57Snider, 300H&HMag, 33WCF, 45-75, 38-55, 45Colt, 378MagWby, 6.5x54MS
Rimfire Cartridges- 25Stevens Short, 41Swiss

BTW the stevens short copper cases are covered in corrosion, will it enhance or reduce their value if I wipe them down with steel wool?

If I was twenty years older, I might keep it, as it is I'm preparing to sell it off. (Live rounds, can't mail - willing to meet in Alberta for sale..)
I've checked out some websites, but am skeptical about assessing values through American websites
collectorfirearms.com oldammo.com
Advice is appreciated
Thanks
RS
 
Brass- 375Win, 284Win, 280Ross, 280Nitro, 264Win, 38-55, 380, 220Swift, 220Savage, 375Win
Centerfire Cartridges- 57Snider, 300H&HMag, 33WCF, 45-75, 38-55, 45Colt, 378MagWby, 6.5x54MS
Rimfire Cartridges- 25Stevens Short, 41Swiss

I will go out on a limb and say roughly $.50 each on the empty brass, $.75 each on the loaded centerfire shells but the snider and the 45-75 shells $5 - $7 each. The rimfires maybe $1 each on the 25 stevens and $2 or $3 on the 41 swiss. I don't want them in part because of shipping but that is about what I would consider paying if I were buying

cheers mooncoon
 
Thanks guys. I was worried about getting negative feeeback for an opportunistic post.

Considering the brass I did save for reloading, I guess I paid a fair price.
I thought those american websites seemed high.

Although I said steel wool, my intent was to use synthetic.
I at least wqnt to see the headstamp on one piece.

Again, your input is appreciated
 
Back
Top Bottom