Antique .22 pump identification help please

Smithwess

Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
dlxlZ7b
0F7Skbt
zjd5Lvd


So here she is, my dad just bought it and him and the seller thought it was a browning trombone. After some research I did due to the fact it says Remington on it(lol) it seems it may be a model 12A but I'm not sure. All the pictures of the 12A don't have the peep sight from what I've seen so I'm unsure if it actually is a 12A or not. Not sure if the peep sight may be aftermarket or new or if it may be a different model. If you can confirm anything about it or tell me anything about it I'd greatly appreciate the information. If anyone can figure out what year it was made that'd be cool too. Not a stamp or mark anywhere on the barrel just the RW serial number on the bottom of the receiver. Thanks in advance.
 
dlxlZ7b
0F7Skbt
zjd5Lvd


So here she is, my dad just bought it and him and the seller thought it was a browning trombone. After some research I did due to the fact it says Remington on it(lol) it seems it may be a model 12A but I'm not sure. All the pictures of the 12A don't have the peep sight from what I've seen so I'm unsure if it actually is a 12A or not. Not sure if the peep sight may be aftermarket or new or if it may be a different model. If you can confirm anything about it or tell me anything about it I'd greatly appreciate the information. If anyone can figure out what year it was made that'd be cool too. Not a stamp or mark anywhere on the barrel just the RW serial number on the bottom of the receiver. Thanks in advance.

Seems the pictures may not have worked for some reason? Here are links http://imgur.com/a/939vP
 
For sure a Remington by the stamp UMC on lower tang. Barrel should b either 24 or 20" measured from front muzzle to front of shell port on receiver.
 
I had one with a peep sight, somewhat different than yours. It was tang mounted and flip-up style. I believe it was factory.
 
Last edited:
Very interesting. She's been there/done that.

The bolt in the disassembly area is "non-standard". :) Should look like this:

3_rifles_remington_model_12_.22_pump_with_peep_sight_99369.jpg


2_rifles_remington_model_12_.22_pump_with_peep_sight_99369.jpg


That peepsight is VERY interesting. Never seen the likes of it. Can we get additional pics of that when you get a chance?
 
With the clunky look of it and the modified allen cap screw as the peep and the big cheese head screws I'm pretty sure that the peep setup is home made by someone. All the Remington add on accessory sights that mount on the rear of the receiver like this that I found from my own searches were more along the lines of Dan's sight. In any event any of the receiver sights were added on and the stock rifles came out of the boxes with the barrel mounted regular rear sights. So the peep sight means little to your searching.

If you look around you'll find lots of information about using less shocky ammo in these old guns. SV is as strong/fast as you want to use in it for fear of damaging the block. And most folks will use lower power yet to be sure of not harming these old guns.
 
With the clunky look of it and the modified allen cap screw as the peep and the big cheese head screws I'm pretty sure that the peep setup is home made by someone. All the Remington add on accessory sights that mount on the rear of the receiver like this that I found from my own searches were more along the lines of Dan's sight. In any event any of the receiver sights were added on and the stock rifles came out of the boxes with the barrel mounted regular rear sights. So the peep sight means little to your searching.

If you look around you'll find lots of information about using less shocky ammo in these old guns. SV is as strong/fast as you want to use in it for fear of damaging the block. And most folks will use lower power yet to be sure of not harming these old guns.

Thanks, a guy in a facebook group figured it was homeade sight aswell. super accurate though actually. What I mostly want to figure out at this point if possible is the exact model(i know its a 12 but what 12?) and the year of manufacture if possible. Thanks.
 
Back
Top Bottom