Antique Colt BISLEY ARMY MODEL (lots of pictures)

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
Well got my Colt Bisley army all set up to shoot 44 special.
This gun is one of two pre 1898 bisleys i have found in 7 years of looking there imposible to find under Ser # 175000 theres lots of them post 1898 but very few pre 1898.

This one is in the 174000s 300 short of the cut off.
The Bisleys came out in 1894 and all used the better smokeless steel so there about as good as you can get in a pre 1898 gun.
Enjoy the pics.

This one is set up in 44 Special and will shoot the factory smokeless ammo with newer cylinder and barrel.
Im still thinking of getting the screws that are silver fire blued.
She is a numbers matching gun with nice clear patent dates orignal grips are just perfect.


P1010029_68.jpg
:D

P1010026_70.jpg


P1010033_63.jpg


P1010036_60.jpg


P1010024_71.jpg
 
Last edited:
Y'know, I never much cared for the Bisleys with that weird-lookin' grip.

This pistol has single-handedly chaged that. What a stunning looking old lady you have there, Dingus. Nice work!
 
Ah Dingus. My jealousy knows no limits. Beautiful. I have developed a flinch looking over your sale sight. I'd dearly love one of your SAA's but the wife says I should really keep both kidney's and not sell one. :D
Always pristine. I don't know where you keep finding them.
I have an old Sauer & Sohn L.A. Western in .357 that I really enjoy. I got a fellow from the US to make some bone grips that really brought out it's looks. However; she's restricted to the range. I'd love one of yours that I could take hiking or riding. Keep up the great work and I'll keep buying Lotto Max. Hopefully I'll come buy a few. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom