Antique Colt Single Action Army Is Back

Grove

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Location
GVRD
Coming back to post this again without all the
beatingdeadhorse%5B1%5D.gif
.

NO COMPLAINING ABOUT THE VIDEOS PLEASE.

If you do not like me legally using my firearms, then just move along please.

We do not need another fight about usage of antiques in public where legal.

There are outdoor videos and indoor range videos, I use this firearm wherever I legally can.

I am shooting into a mountain side with NOBODY in the woods where I am. I sound extremely loud train horns and yell on PA system to alert anyone that may be around. You cant ignore it. :p;)

SAFETY IS #1.

1889 production 1873 Colt Single Action Army revolver factory converted to .38 special by Colt back in the 1950's.

Picture12.jpg

Picture13.jpg


Here' are two targets from earlier this evening, shooting between 5-10 yards and out back at 15 yards.

Shooting Remington UMC .38 Special 130gr MC's.

IMG_0215.jpg


Bulls eye is same diameter as a .38 special casing, more overhead light would greatly help with the sights but oh well. I'm getting use to it and its trigger.

Thank you very much and here are the videos once again plus some more for your viewing pleasure.

[youtube]sNu1QPt2_Iw[/youtube]
[youtube]Rq5N5AtF-Ak[/youtube]
[youtube]-u8FHlLDjiA[/youtube]
[youtube]EZ9t1F2opy0[/youtube]
[youtube]WiNABXiVfns[/youtube]
[youtube]BdXCu5a3L4M[/youtube]
[youtube]WoW3ZY_2daQ[/youtube]
[youtube]MQzv9RPYD8E[/youtube]
[youtube]Cjf3KedueNU[/youtube]
[youtube]ZPphvR3lbNQ[/youtube]

That is all for now, remember just enjoy the videos and leave the negativity out of the thread.
 
Looks like fun and I think I saw you hit something in that second to last video.....4th shot.

Set up some cans at a closer range so we can see some hits! :)

I like shooting into a berm where I can see the misses instead of shooting over the target and not knowing where it's hitting.

Does it shoot to point of aim?

Those targets at the range look hard to aim at.... What range you were shooting them (25yards?) It's hard to tell sometimes in videos but if it was 25 yards you should bring them in a lot closer.

I like shooting long range but when it comes to shooting paper I'm more impressed by my short range groups!
 
Shoots dead on when you do line the sight up properly.

About 8 yards one video, 15-17 yards when target farther back.

Ya target was not the best for getting acquainted with the revolver, will use my zombie targets next time or more traditional ones.

Picking up a box of clay pigeons for targets for my next shooting trip, you will DEF see them explode and all the misses.

Thanks for the comments.


Can moderator remove Skinny's post, thread does not need to go that direction. Thanks.
 
What a great looking 6 iron!!!

Ill have one one day....my dream 73 pattern SAA would be -plain Jane- steel with a set of mammoth ivory grips on her,build a nice ornate case with all the accoutrements, something I can spend years customizing and leave it to the generations of the family...


http://www.elenhunting.com/Merchant...de=EHOS&Product_Code=PSBMIG&Category_Code=MIG


Are you hand loading or using some sort of commercial ammo??
Have you ever tried black powder in her??

"that is im presuming smokeless in the videos?????"

Good to see one responsibly enjoyed!

Well done:canadaFlag:
 
In the other thread didn't you mention a high-speed camera? When will that happed? I'd like to see blackpowder with a high-speed.
 
Carry on

I've been whipped with my own panties. It's a free country for now, use it and abuse it as you see fit. People have fought and died (and unfortunatley maybe even more) so we (you too) can carry on in our own mysteriuos ways.
 
The revolver currently shoots smokeless modern ammunition, factory 130gr UMC Remington MC right now.

I'm looking to get a reloading bench an start doing up some black powder .38 special loads so it feels a lot more ......authentic being a dirty smokey bastard.

Gmoon, I told people like you NO WARMONGERING. Delete your post please or admins shall deal with it. Thread is not to fight in.

High speed camera is a maybe, still talking to friend about that one.

Thanks everyone for your positive comments, at least you enjoy it.
 
Niiice, I like the Winchester too. I keep looking at em, but just keep buying other stuff. I love my Colt, it's a 44 special, fun guns, takes one back to a time where, as a freedom loving person you weren't broadsided with onerous b.S. from bureaucratic morons trying to make themselves look like they're actually serving the law abiding citizens of Canada. Carry on having fun. I know I will.
 
The revolver currently shoots smokeless modern ammunition, factory 130gr UMC Remington MC right now.

I'm looking to get a reloading bench an start doing up some black powder .38 special loads so it feels a lot more ......authentic being a dirty smokey bastard.

Gmoon, I told people like you NO WARMONGERING. Delete your post please or admins shall deal with it. Thread is not to fight in.

High speed camera is a maybe, still talking to friend about that one.

Thanks everyone for your positive comments, at least you enjoy it.


You could thumb seat a soft lead round ball atop a cartridge filled with black, you don't really need specialty reloading kit for black powder........

Though specialty reloading kit sure makes your life easier.....Its great that you can use factory rounds in it.

Its definitely something special!
 
You could thumb seat a soft lead round ball atop a cartridge filled with black, you don't really need specialty reloading kit for black powder........

Though specialty reloading kit sure makes your life easier.....Its great that you can use factory rounds in it.

Its definitely something special!

All you need is a regular press. I use a Lee Breech Lock and do smokeless & blackpowder cartridge loading with it.

Grove, if you get into blackpowder loading I have a lot of FFFg for sale.
 
Nice gun Grove, but isn't it about time for you to get another one so you don't have to keep starting new threads about the same old gun? ;) Laugh. Nice saa. I wanted that one, but I was a day late making an offer for it on GB or it would have been mine, not starpuss's.

There never was a blackpowder .38 spl afaik, so authenticity isn't a factor, but shooting black is fun if you don't mind the cleanup after. I don't think black powder is really that much corrosive than smokeless, but it tends to leave a lot of residue in the bore and chambers that attract moisture and are corrosive if you store it with any humidty present. I've experimenteed with BP in .45 colt and it is a blast to shoot, pun intended.
 
.38spl came out in 1899 IIRC, some most likely would have been smokeless from the start. I have a blackpowder reloading manual that lists loads for it though.
 
Winchester is in .303 British (available everywhere) and is up for grabs on the EE right now.

Heading out to the range now back later.
 
Back
Top Bottom