Antique Firearm restorer????

DrunkGuyFawkes

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Near Fredericton
I am trying to find a good antique firearm restorer in Eastern Canada (I am in N.B) any help would be appreciated. 151 years old and in rough shape, I would like to fix it up and turn it into a display piece.
 
I have an English sporting rifle of similar age, that has been in the family for generations, and is currently getting an appraisal for restoration in Ontario. The guy I chose is an expat Brit, trained in London, was admitted as a "Freeman Of The Worshipful Company Of Gunmakers Of The City Of London" in 1966. The guy that made my old rifle was admitted to the same group in 1801. I am still waiting for his appraisal, and have no actual experience with the guy, but I could PM you his address, if that helps...
Glen
 
What sort of firearm is it?
Might be a good idea to stabilize it to prevent further deterioration. Display it as is.
 
Just for a eye opener, check out turnbull restoration in the USA. Not my cup of tea, but then I'm not rich either.
 
Back
Top Bottom