Antique (?) German .22? - What do I have here?

Hokus Grey

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
It's old and I don't mean relatively. It's got a little rust, but the action locks up tight and the trigger pull isn't bad.

So, what is it?

What is missing from the stock?

Is it rare?

What kind of value does it have?

I have questions!











 
Last edited:
I inherited it with a few others. Not great condition, just know nothing about it.

It's seen better days for sure, but it looks like it was well loved.

Any idea of the year? I can't make anything out from the markings.
 
Last edited:
So not quite an antique, but almost.

Cool little wall hanger and for the conditions it was stored in. Pretty much a barn find.

I wonder what the stamp marks are? Bring back from WWII?

This thing came from a farm in SK and the only guy who might know anything about it has passed.


Thanks for the info, fellas!
 
Spooky little things compared to a conventional single shot; load it, close it and it's ready to go. Not really any sort of a safety or safe position other than open.
And I am aware of the halfway notch; it's a poor safety at best, my Grampa had a neat scar on his jaw from a pill from one of these.
 
Last edited:
Spooky little things compared to a conventional single shot; load it, close it and it's ready to go. Not really any sort of a safety or safe position other than open.
And I am aware of the halfway notch; it's a poor safety at best, my Grampa had a neat scar on his jaw from a pill from one of these.

Yeah,

The gentleman who gave it to me, before he passed, warned me about that. Straight pull and she's GTG. Not a hair trigger, thankfully and survived a bit of a bump test without tripping the striker. Still something to be wary of. This little guy may still be fireable, judging by the bore.

I like the idea of kids 80 years ago learning to shoot, or hunt rabbits with a little rifle like this. Kind of Heritage piece.
 
Ah, so maybe an import/export mark?

Funny that I've never seen one, if they are so common. Not to say I'm all that worldly in a country with millions of firearms.

They aren't rare, they do turn up. I suspect that many were used up and discarded.
 
I have had a few of them over the years, still have one. Kind of a unique little thing, but I cant say I care for them a lot. The sights do not work for me, so I cant give an opinion on accuracy. Although many of the old timers swore buy them. They do have a safety and a very positive one. Just before the action completely closes there is a recess for the firing pin to set into .
 
I'm not that old but I still remember when you could pick these up for $5-10 at gun shows. Some guys would throw one in if you bought something else they had. Going rates now seem to be in the $100-200 range, would be on the lower end for the one in the OP.
 
I have had a few of them over the years, still have one. Kind of a unique little thing, but I cant say I care for them a lot. The sights do not work for me, so I cant give an opinion on accuracy. Although many of the old timers swore buy them. They do have a safety and a very positive one. Just before the action completely closes there is a recess for the firing pin to set into .

Drop it or tap it...it'll likely discharge, seen it on a scarcely used one.
IMO the safety is a p*ss poor one. I still have one of these at home, I swear they dipped the hole gun in the varnish bbl.
A good truck gun, but not a good one to set in a field popping gophers all afternoon. Or out for a walk after rabbits...nope.
Just my opinion of course, feel free to do as you see fit.
 
D.R.P = Deutsche Reichs Patent = German State Patent.

DRGM or D.R.G.M [when seen] = Deutsche Reichs Gebrauchs Muster = German State Standard Pattern.

The BUG stamps are German State proof marks from the 1891 German Proof Acts - valid until 1939.

tac
 
Back
Top Bottom