Antique gun dealers in Canada?

Dsiwy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
I am looking for a Canadian Snider and wondering if you guys know of any Canadian dealers that sell antique guns?

I have only found P&S, Denner and Johnsalter.
 
Also Ellwood Epps in Ontario still has some antique firearms although their stock is slowly decreasing and many of the best have found new homes over the last five years or so. Gun shows frequently have scattered ues and perhaps one or two vendors with a fairly large selection. These people can direct you toward other collectors as well. Antique Firearm means different things to different people and also the legal definition according to the government is a consideration. Probably anyone would consider an original flintlock pistol, shotgun or rifle from the 1850's or earlier to be an antique but many would also classify an obsolete design such as a Winchester Model 1873 or 1895 or an old gun in an obsolete caliber such as .455 Webley or .44 Russian or ..33 Winchester or .280 Ross an antique or maybe a gun that is more than 100 years old or made before a certain year like 1898. Is any old gun an antique?
Anyway, the older the gun and the lower the production the fewer survivors and generally the poorer the average condition so there just isn't many around except for in a few very high production models. Good luck.
 
P&S militaria, he's out of the country for the rest of the month I think, however check his site out, he has an excellent selection at excellent prices.
 
Yes they are. Also check out the shop of a fella I know, Things military in Calgary, he has three Russian Berdans in for the best prices I've seen in ages, I inspected the bores and they're mint and would make awesome shooters. Loyalist arms sells repros and no antiques.
 
Back
Top Bottom