antique handguns and section 90

I think an ATT and ATC would be required for an antique handgun, as well as double locked, etc. until it is in an area approved for the ATC. I could be wrong as I don't have the Act in front of me. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable taking one out of the house otherwise. If anyone comments on this post I would appreciate a PM from them alerting me. I would like to see the comment. Thanks!

Quite possibly the most fail in a CGN comment. Ever. f:P:
 
So in Calgary we have a group called Guns of the Golden West, they do reneactments and stage shootouts. The guy I talked to had a an old .41 Colt, antique and he wore it no problem and participated in a staged shootout at Olympic Plaza. I believe all the reecators were using antqiues. Plenty of police around.

Here in Nanaimo, we have a blanket permit to fire blank charges within the city for various public affairs. The catch is that it has to be an activity sanctioned by our fish and game club (of which we are members) and we have to notify the police 1 week in advance.

Bottom line is that while there was public shooting of blanks in Calgary, the police almost certainly would have been notified. For a person to walk through town unannounced with a gun on their hip or anywhere else for that matter, there would be an extremely different outcome.

cheers mooncoon
 
Here in Nanaimo, we have a blanket permit to fire blank charges within the city for various public affairs. The catch is that it has to be an activity sanctioned by our fish and game club (of which we are members) and we have to notify the police 1 week in advance.

Bottom line is that while there was public shooting of blanks in Calgary, the police almost certainly would have been notified. For a person to walk through town unannounced with a gun on their hip or anywhere else for that matter, there would be an extremely different outcome.

cheers mooncoon

No question it is sanctioned. Always fun to witness.
 
ok like i said before im talking about wood's/farm carry i help a few farmers out here and it seems that every time i leave the shotgun in the truck a dam wolf/coyote pops out ive had to many close calls for me to say that a handgun on the hip would not help

from what ive heard you can shoot a antique pistol anywhere you shoot a rifle or shotgun.

now from what i read i sould be ok as long as i have the rcmp letter what the worse thay can do take me to court lol

im the kind to stand up for my rights unlike most canadians that seem to run with there tails between there lags

with the rcmp letter(im going to get mine laminated) and carrying it in a holster outside and in the open im legal

oh and i go camping now and then in northern ontario as well as hunting in northern ontario so bear defence is a must

but on a side note im looking at getting a mare's leg rifle/pistol (or a rossi ranch hand) soon there both non restricted so can carry them like a normal rifle
 
128778424360854686.jpg



Ahh camerl2009, I see u have reared your head here on this forum, I recon your also the same gent from the cast boolits aswell, as if that wasnt a lesson about on how to conduct yourself in a online forum, now here.:jerkit::jerkit:
I dont know why u keep posting crap like this. With this why tempt fate.

Them wolves popping out left and right out in the field :rolleyes:, just sling the shotgun over the shoulder use it when needed..:rolleyes: This is starting to sound like that famous mall ninja thread:ninja:... what next... body armor so the bear/wolf/coyote will allow u to get another round loaded in that single shot(one of his other threads) before it chews into you aswell as his friends. wtf?????

Ya OK- cam. :sucks:

To all the other people on this forum. :feedTroll:

$.02
 
Last edited:
I think an ATT and ATC would be required for an antique handgun, as well as double locked, etc. until it is in an area approved for the ATC. I could be wrong as I don't have the Act in front of me. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable taking one out of the house otherwise. If anyone comments on this post I would appreciate a PM from them alerting me. I would like to see the comment. Thanks!

f:P:

This is going in the "Dumbest Post Ever" thread in the OT forum for sure!

Do a little research before you post. FFS
 
I think an ATT and ATC would be required for an antique handgun, as well as double locked, etc. until it is in an area approved for the ATC. I could be wrong as I don't have the Act in front of me.

With respect you are indeed incorrect. No ATT or ATC are required for a prescribed antique handgun. The transportation regulations only require the handgun be unloaded and locked in a sturdy opaque container. No trigger lock is required. If you are transporting your antique firearms and need to leave them unattended, leave them in your vehicle’s locked trunk or similar compartment. If your vehicle does not have a trunk or compartment, lock the vehicle and leave the antique firearms inside and out of sight(which it presumably would be in a locked opaque container).

If not in transport, storage/display rules only require that the firearm be unloaded. It does not need to be secured otherwise, i.e. no trigger lock or no other "safe storage" is required. You can stick the in your wife's curio cabinet, the law don't care. Needless to say your wife might care.

Please refer to the forum stickies for further clarification, links to the regulation, etc.
I will do you favor and get you started. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/antique-historique-eng.htm
 
mckutzy ok ive had enough of you on both on cast boolits and here it seams your the troll becuse you dont read the posts before you reply and you like to push my buttons your poking a :nest: here so stop

im looking for somethin i can keep with me when carrying stuff a shotgun + the stuff im carrying is a little much if you can shoot a rifle/shotgun where your at you can shoot a antique and on farm property i can carry with out having to worry about anything as long as i have the rcmp letter im good
 
mckutzy ok ive had enough of you on both on cast boolits and here it seams your the troll becuse you dont read the posts before you reply and you like to push my buttons your poking a :nest: here so stop

im looking for somethin i can keep with me when carrying stuff a shotgun + the stuff im carrying is a little much if you can shoot a rifle/shotgun where your at you can shoot a antique and on farm property i can carry with out having to worry about anything as long as i have the rcmp letter im good

While I endorse maintaining our full freedom of the law, there is also the context of acting responsibly. Yes, some people take antiques in the bush for fun, however they are, with the exception of some very built up, rebuilt and modified antiques, for the purpose of being shot recreationally, as very few antiques are suited for open carry and actual deliberate use. As such, carrying them in public places where people are likely to be found, especially in closer proximity to people who are unused to such things, is generally done to snub one's nose at the police. While I believe that when our legal rights are infringed on (charges for having an "unregistered" antique) we should hire a lawyer and defend the case, I certainly don't believe that we should provoke the police either, as they're universally poorly informed and likely to raise a massive stink that would include newspapers, and part of our having the right to own antiques is our continued responsible use of them.

I've handled and owned enough antiques to come to the conclusion that if I need something light and carryable for actual use, I'll carry a short shotgun on a sling for 1/3 of the price of the cheapest useable antique in 44 or 45 caliber.

Making a big deal about the whole thing implies that your interest to carry is more for ego/attention reasons than for quiet, unoffending enjoyment, which is all we have them for.
 
well im looking in to a mare's leg pistol me and the guy's on cast bollits said it would be best to carry a non restricted gun for protection in the woods

i dont think i'll carry a antique pistol for anything anyway its a piece of history that should only be used as such
 
Get the mare's leg, put a carbine buttstock on it, make it much more useful and effective. For what you want .44 Magnum would be much better than .45 Colt.
 
Back
Top Bottom