"Antique" Mausers - time for a thread?

I'm glad someone started this thread, here I thought I was all alone. I've purchased almost 4 of the 71-84s, one was just a barreled action,
one had both stock & barrel cut the others only the stocks cut. Only have 1 71 which was converted to a 12 gau take down shot gun (Remo Popular)
Just starting to get things together to load some ammo. I've been really taken by these guns - as you may have noticed. --- John
 
Glad to see this thread. Half a dozen of them here:

2 x Kar. 71, both chopped

1 x '71 Jager

1 x 71/84 shop conversion

1 x 71/84 Bubba Saturday Afternoon/New Hacksaw Special

1 x 71/84 neglected and disassembled but great wood and a perfect bore. (The RIFLE, not me!)

Brass is too damned expensive. Experimenting coming up......

No photos yet. GOTTA figger out this digital thingamus......
 
Glad to see this thread. Half a dozen of them here:

2 x Kar. 71, both chopped

1 x '71 Jager

1 x 71/84 shop conversion

1 x 71/84 Bubba Saturday Afternoon/New Hacksaw Special

1 x 71/84 neglected and disassembled but great wood and a perfect bore. (The RIFLE, not me!)

Brass is too damned expensive. Experimenting coming up......

No photos yet. GOTTA figger out this digital thingamus......
Smellie.......I'm all thumbs and brainstem when it comes to this photo stuff,but if I can figure it out,admittedly with help from my computer savvy son and wife,I'm sure that someone with your smarts can too!!Keep on it,I'm sure many,many people around here would love to see some of your goodies.
 
Glad to see this thread. Half a dozen of them here:

2 x Kar. 71, both chopped

1 x '71 Jager

1 x 71/84 shop conversion

1 x 71/84 Bubba Saturday Afternoon/New Hacksaw Special

1 x 71/84 neglected and disassembled but great wood and a perfect bore. (The RIFLE, not me!)

Brass is too damned expensive. Experimenting coming up......

No photos yet. GOTTA figger out this digital thingamus......

He had 7 but 1 followed me home. This one has a full length barrel with a perfectly shiney bore that looks new. Its all matching right down to the screws, too bad she got chopped but the fact that its chopped means I could afford it!!

I've been working on brass for it, so far I've run 20 45-90 through my dies and 5 of them have been beveled to fit the bolt face. Got a mold the other week now it's just a matter of finding/making a .446 sizing die.

I pride myself on taking good pics to post but sadly it's been -40 here for like 2 months so I'm stuck with crappy indoor lighting.

Here they are, don't judge me!!:)

CDF9588B-C466-4D92-9C3B-35D4B6D69780-2331-00000959036C24CD_zps2afca9d4.jpg


298D18E7-807B-4A84-B27E-A07314544FF1-2331-000009590C0DCDFE_zpsb16ad3ef.jpg
 
Smellie.......I'm all thumbs and brainstem when it comes to this photo stuff,but if I can figure it out,admittedly with help from my computer savvy son and wife,I'm sure that someone with your smarts can too!!Keep on it,I'm sure many,many people around here would love to see some of your goodies.

Photobucket is your friends guys. Load your digital pics onto you computer, go to photobucket, open a free account. Next hit the "upload media" icon on photobucket. Hit the button and it will automatically go back to your computer where you open the folder with your pictures you just loaded onto it. Click on the photo you want and it uploads it to photobucket.

Then you go to back to photobucket and open "my albums" where your pictures will now be copied to. There's a small icon that has an "I" on it. Click that icon and it will have 4 "codes" they all look like a web adress but they each do something different, the one you want is called "image code" which looks like a web adress.

Clicking on "image code" will automatically copy it and then go back to your CGN post and paste it there. It will look like a bunch of random numbers and letters that are about 2 lines long.

Hit "preview message" here on CGN and instead of the "image code" from photobucket appearing it will instead be your picture perfectly sized to fit the scream.

I'm not a computer guy, in fact I do all of my CGN'ing on my iPhone.
 
It looks like our rifles came from the same 50th Infantry Regiment, in the city of Rawitsch, in Lower Silesia

Rawitsch.jpg

Postcard from the city of Rawitsch at the end of the 19th century

Here are some markings from one of my Mausers.
IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg
 
It looks like our rifles came from the same 50th Infantry Regiment, in the city of Rawitsch, in Lower Silesia

Rawitsch.jpg

Postcard from the city of Rawitsch at the end of the 19th century

Here are some markings from one of my Mausers.
IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

That's very neat!!

So my rifle is rifle #234, 4th company, 50th infantry regiment?? I'm learning sonplease correct me if I'm wrong.
 
My 4th 71-84 arrived yesterday, nice old "cut" gun, Details, 1887 Danzig, S#68xx, Bplate #s 50RE - 4.215
The barreled action is also a 1887 Danzig, S#10xx, no buttplate. Next 2 are both Spandaus 1st an 1887, S#88xx, Bp#37R -10.223
And lastly Spandau S#21xx, Bp# 10RE - ?28.
A couple of ?s - My one rifle has the front sight with a barrel band, is that of any significance? And secondly anyone have a stock
(even cut) they would be willing to part with? --- John
 
I`m thinking I may have this obsession as well.

Here`s what I found in my gun room.

Uncut originals:

M-71 Jager, M-71 Carbine, and three M-71/84s.

Cut down, beaten, bubba jobs(well actually a couple are pretty nice):

two M-71 Jagers, two M-71 carbines, one M-71 I.G. and four M-71/84s
 
My first antique rifle was a model 71 carbine with a cut down stock. Since then I have found a original 71/84 in good shape, another cut down 71 carbine, and a nice original 71 carbine. I have only shot the first carbine but am going to take them all to range as soon as it warms up.
 
Back
Top Bottom