antique pistols that started it all.

tula

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
thought I'd post up some lil beautys that got the gun collecting craze started for me, these guns belong to an old lady who's house I spent alot of my childhood playing around and these are the guns that started my life long passion of antique pistols, first up is a British sea service pistol,
PB060021.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
PB060019.jpg
[/IMG]
PB060020.jpg
[/IMG]
If you take note of the picture aiming along the barral I layed a stright edge on it and it has a bend of 1/16th of an inch to the left the barral was inlet into the wood like that too lots of tooling marks too, shows that the military arms of those times are for function only ...nothing like the all to perfect replicas of them today...give me the real deal any day over a replica!!.

next up is a DBL barral pocket pistol by Henry Nock the inovative London gun, this pistol I snuck out and shot at the age of 16 let em both go at once took er in cleaned oiled and put back in the cabinet like nothing ever happend :) .
PB050010.jpg
[/IMG]
PB050007.jpg
[/IMG]
PB060033.jpg
[/IMG]060014.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
and lastly a Kettland Co. pocket pistol, which I've had apart and oiled this weekend.
PB050011.jpg
[/IMG]
PB050012.jpg
[/IMG]
 
Last edited:
Nope. Since you're using photobucket you've got two options. When you're looking at all the little photo tabs, move your mouse over them, then select and copy the scrip that has
on either end of it, or click on the pick until there is absolutely nothing else involved on the screen but the pic and the URL has .jpeg at the very end, then return to your post and click the picture icon and insert it that way.

There's also a picture tutorial here:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198167
 
hmm well I went back and tryed it again ...photobuckets being a pain ....but in the pict that brother rockeye opened you can see the three of them.
 
when I go on photo bucket and put the mouse on the pict the links that comdown under the photo say email and IM next is directlink and the next is html code and the last one is img code ...so which do I use to load on here?
 
yep starting to get back into colleting the flint pistols ...like them alot always did, just got a bit side tracked with revolvers latly, after playing around with those ones in the picts this weekend its time to get back at it :) I like building them too have an orignal percussion pocket pistol to restock looks like someone tryed to at one point in time and screwed it up.
 
when I was a lil fella I always wanted a pistol like that sea service model above, finly got one of my own last year ...gets felt up alot LOL on a nightly basis the wife looks at it like its another women.
 
On Phtobucket there's a list under the pictures. The last one has a string that starts with [ IMG ] That's the one you want to highlight by clicking on it and then hit CtlC on your keyboard to copy. And in case you don't know what CtrlC means that's press the Ctl key and while holding it down hit the C key. That's a "hotkey" for "copy".

And when you get back to this thread to paste the code in hold down the Ctrl key then hit V to "paste" your image code into the thread. From that point on the rest of us will see the pictures directly. CtrlV being the hotkey for "paste". The other hotkey you'll like is CtrlX for "cut". Then if you don't do any other Ctrl functions you can later "paste" it into another reply or even another application.

The other way you can do these functions is to highlight the code then RIGHT mouse click to bring up a submenu box that has the cut, copy and paste options in it. From there you can go to some other reply or even some other application and right click to paste the material into it.
 
that small brass dbl barral one in the corner above the sea service pistol is the Henry Nock one that I fired when I was a young fella, was looking over the box locks ....really would be rather easy to build a replica if a guy wanted too.
 
Back
Top Bottom