I have a friend in the US that is a dealer and he sells me the odd antique firearm that I then bring up to Canada for my collection; he is an FFL dealer and he knows what is antique and what is legal for me to purchase there and I have done this on several occasions. Well this time things were not that smooth. I showed up to the Canadian border, where I declared that I had an Antique revolver and also declared the value. I has full paperwork on this gun, receipt of what I payed, proof that this gun is an antique(Colt DA in 41LC , produced in 1893), but they were still not convinced because the barrel, was of a newer production(marked 41LC of course) and after a wait of 3 hours and talking to the RCMP firearms lab, they decided to have the gun shipped to the RCMP to have the caliber verified.
I have explained to the that it is the receiver that counts as the firearm, as often times barrels get shot out on the old antiques, specially if black powder was used and need to be replaced, but they still insisted it has to get get sent out to verify caliber(on the properlt marked .41lc barrel). I explained that they can simply measure measure, or of they do not have a tape measurer, they can drop one of their 9mm rounds in the barrel or chamber and verify that it has not been changed to 38Colt(which would make it restricted), but they were absolutelly not going to have any of it. Important to note, they were absolutelly clueless, and they willfully disregarded every piece of information I uad on had.
I have explained to the that it is the receiver that counts as the firearm, as often times barrels get shot out on the old antiques, specially if black powder was used and need to be replaced, but they still insisted it has to get get sent out to verify caliber(on the properlt marked .41lc barrel). I explained that they can simply measure measure, or of they do not have a tape measurer, they can drop one of their 9mm rounds in the barrel or chamber and verify that it has not been changed to 38Colt(which would make it restricted), but they were absolutelly not going to have any of it. Important to note, they were absolutelly clueless, and they willfully disregarded every piece of information I uad on had.


















































