Antique shell collection

tokguy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Location
Buffalo Republic
Got one for sale, price I don't know. Lots of loaded rimfire large-bore cartridges.

102_0088.jpg

A couple of 1 gallon pails of loose stuff. Any direction to me point me to establish value?
 
Oh I've got a list of the calibers and amounts; but its a formidable list for my typing ablities. Lots of single rounds, some have 2-3 rds. LOL, I've got 37 pic's of single rounds. Stuff I never knew existed...
25-25winchester.jpg

25-25 Winchester?
lots of big 'n small winchester stuff
38-56, 40-60, 40-65, 40-82, 45-75, 45-90, 50-70, 50-110 winchesters (single rds mostly)
38, 44, 44 long(?)rimfires marked (H) henry
32's in all types rimfire and centerfire
577 sniders
35 & 401 S.L. ( no taper centerfire rimless ???)
43 Mausers
33 & 348 winchester
Again, mostly singles; the boxes are pictured above. A friend who's an gun collecting nut said some of the Henry stuff commands good coin @ gun shows.
Don't know that a King's Ransom is required; but niether is a c--nholing...
Tough to establish prices 'cause I don't frequent gun shows.
I'm around the 'Hat
 
25-25 Winchester?

25-25 Stevens, is the cartridge. Made by Winchester, so stamped?

Not a really popular cartridge. Some decent enough target shooting guns were chambered in it, though, so there is some demand for the cases for Scheutzen shooting. One guy said he got through an entire season and part of a second, on one case, before it split, using a previously split case with a dowel in it to breech seat a bullet, and repriming and recharging the same case until....Makes a handful of cartridges last a long time, if the shooting style works out for you.

There are cartridge collectors meetings in Edmonton. I'd bet on there being same in Calgary. There is at least one cartridge collectors show in Edmonton too. Maybe worth tracking down.

Cheers
Trev
 
Back
Top Bottom