Antique shotgun value

bang_on_sk

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Location
Northern ON
Hi folks, I ran into a Purdey muzzleloader shotgun yesterday at an antique store, and I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to the value. It's a 12 bore percussion, and looks to be in pretty good shape wood and metal wise.

I know it's not much to go on, but I thought I'd ask. The seller wants 1100$.

Thanks in advance.
 
Condition is everything. Also, are YOU absolutely certain it is a real Purdey? London proof marks? Lots of old pretenders out there. In really good shootable condition it might be worth that much... has the owner shot it recently? Any case and/or accessories?
 
If it is a genuine Purdey, that would be a steal.
It may be, but in all likelihood it isn't a real one.
Can you get photos?
 
Yes this is a case where you really need to do your home work and research. As mentioned, look at the proof marks. Also, overall quality can tell a lot. Also, is it in shooting condition? Any way the seller will provide pics so you can post them?
 
Thanks for the advice. The store-person wouldnt let me take it apart without the owner there, and I didn't have time to wait for him to come in.

I'll try and get a better look at it next time Im passing through.
 
Hi folks, I ran into a Purdey muzzleloader shotgun yesterday at an antique store, and I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to the value. It's a 12 bore percussion, and looks to be in pretty good shape wood and metal wise.

I know it's not much to go on, but I thought I'd ask. The seller wants 1100$.

Thanks in advance.

What exactly did it say on the lock plates and the rib?
That might help for starters, but the proof marks and serial numbers will tell the tale, for sure!

Cat
 
Back
Top Bottom